Strange phone call from Kusadasi rug merchant?

Windstar27

I don't think it is Seabourn who is to blame, I think it is more than likely some other person or entity working with a government agency who is perhaps selling information. My first trip to Turkey was a land based vacation where I did not take a single organized tour. I mostly just shopped and ate yummy foods so I can't even blame a tour company fro selling my information. I too got called for years after that trip with sales pitches from rug guys in Turkey. I considered it a minor annoyance in my day. I would put away the pitch forks and witch hunt for Seabourn and just consider it part of the aftermath of a trip to Turkey.

I had a merchqnt literqlly chqse me down the street for about 8 blocks while I was screaming for police...he would not take no either for the rug or the sexual advances....was very scary.....that being said I did buy from another merchant and love the rug even 30 years later.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

We actually had a very good experience with the purchase of rugs in Turkey. However I am very sympathetic to those who are being harassed by aggressive merchants. We bought lovely rugs in Bodrum while on a land-based trip, and gave out our contact info. Periodically we receive polite phone calls from the same merchant who comes to the States regularly, as he told us he would when we bought the rugs. We simply say "No thank you," and don't hear again for 6 or 12 months. I wish that calls from home remodeling contractors and political campaigners were less frequent! But still, I am sorry for your bad experience, and agree that you should reach out to Seabourn to see what they have to say.

We have bought two rugs in Turkey (over a 30 year period) and are very happy with both. We are friendly with the people who run our local oriental rug store (and have bought from them in the past) and they reckon we got a very good price for both.

We did get follow up calls for a couple of years and then nothing.

This is not from Seabourn. We went to Kusadasi on Azamara and receive the same call every year after the big show at the Atlanta Mart (for retailers). He has come by and showed us lots of carpets from his truck. I did not buy anything, because there are better prices and rugs locally. But, don't mind the once a year call. It sure beats "this is credit card services" calls I get all the time or the fake Microsoft support calls.