Jewel Transatlantic – Shoreguy Blogs - 4 September 2005

shoreguy

80 miles from NYC after 3900 miles of pure joy.

Dinner for 28 ended with Klaus’s special desert and champagne for all.

Cirque Bijou makes Bollywood look like a starter show – just outstanding not to be missed.

How good was the cruise – many of the members have booked the Jewel again while onboard.

Everyone will be happy to get to NYC. The incredible shrinking wine list needs to be re-supplied. After ordering four different wines last night – all out of stock the fifth bottle was on the house.

All lobster onboard has been consumed

Once I get home I will sort and post some of the 600 plus photos I took over the last ten days.

We had a CC member in the Star Seeker show tonight and did use proud.

As remarkable as the ship is I still like many things better about the Dawn. We did get to use the pool area today and it is better.

Details to follow once I get my land legs.

This is the Norwegian way

1291453085_JewelTAfarewell.JPG.c17b56b55bf409312c91eab039cd17a0.JPG

Shoreguy,

Welcome home. Again I want to thank you for taking us along on your cruise. Your posts were wonderful....but...a teaser, I'm sure. I can't wait for you to get back to us with a full review and pictures.

Take some time to rest and get organized...but remember...we're waiting for you to fill us in on all the details of your trip. Thanks again.

Happy cruising!

Welcome Home!

We were coming over the Jamestown bridge last night about 5:30 and there she sat, THE JEWEL. She was so beautiful and it seemed like she was just greeting us.

What a nice day you had to visit our beautiful city and state.

What time did you leave? We had diner at the Moring Resterant, (I must say I just kept my eyes on the ship) and when we finished and was going back over the bridge you were still there. 8:30ish.

Just checked and you are not back to NY yet. Seems like it take a long time to go such a short distance.

I have enjoyed all of your posts, can't wait for your pictures.

Morning came very early today. Return to the real world is so difficult.

Almost dark as we passed the Statue of Liberty. QM2 docked two piers away makes the Jewel look small.

Breakfast should arrive around 8 am we meet at 9 am to disembark The Norwegian Jewel. The crew is looking forward to some time off in NYC. My time off is almost ended as have these blogs.

Next members up in a few days as the ship heads back to Canada.

Shoreguy!

Welcome back and thanks so much for taking us along with you! The time went by so quickly and I can't believe it's already over (I'm sure you can't either). :(

Can't wait to see all of your pics and a am looking forward to a more in-depth review when you have the time to get all of your thoughts and notes down.

Again...thanks ever so much! :)

Michele :)

WELCOME HOME SHOREGUY!

I have to add my thanks for your "blogs" and taking us landlubbers all along on the trip with you. I'm sure our friends that sailed, on the JEWEL with you, are the ones responsible for the lobster all getting gobbled up! They always look forward to lobster on their cruises!

As does everyone, I await your review & pictures...don't leave out any detail, but be sure to take a few days off to "come down" from this wonderful trip that you've had. You might want to pop into my thread on Post Cruise Depression for some remedies that will help ease the "pain" of being on land again!

Debjo

Thank's TONS for keeping us in the loop! Great information!:D

As you can see below, we will taking the Jewel, but not until April, 30th, 2006.:( Your great reviews makes it even harder to wait that long!:eek:

Have a good "winddown"!

Larry

Welcome Back Shoreguy: Thanks for taking us with you on your cruise. I feel like I just got off the Jewel again.

We were docked next to the QM2 in Barcelona. Wow that ship is huge !!

Look forward to all of the pictures.

Less than two months now until I get to check out an A3 on the Jewel. My sister, who has never cruised, is in for a treat.

Rest, relax and then get back on these boards. Nobody can find the answers to posters questions like you can.

Marilyn

Archived