Dream balcony

arkjeweler

On deck 6...can the balconies be seen from above?

If you are looking up from deck 5 yes the balconies can be seen. But balconies can't be seen from above :) I hate those balconies for that reason, there is no privacy. I like the Cove Balcony.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

What if you have one of the balconies at the very back (aft) of the ship? It isn't an aft balcony, exactly, but it is right before those. It is one of the L shaped rooms with the extra large balcony. My specific room will be 6484. It looks as though the Lanai doesn't run all the way down to the end of the ship, at least on the deck plans on carnival's website. So should we have a little more privacy without people walking beneath us? If I looked and interpreted correctly, the only thing below our balcony should be other balconies and ocean.

Edit: After looking at other deck plans online, it looks like there is a walk way around the entire ship on Deck 5 but it isn't as wide under our balcony. I would hope there wouldn't be as much foot traffic there but even if so, I don't really mind. I don't plan on doing anything on the balcony that should get me in trouble or embarrass me. lol

Edited by BigB0882

What if you have one of the balconies at the very back (aft) of the ship? It isn't an aft balcony, exactly, but it is right before those. It is one of the L shaped rooms with the extra large balcony. My specific room will be 6484. It looks as though the Lanai doesn't run all the way down to the end of the ship, at least on the deck plans on carnival's website. So should we have a little more privacy without people walking beneath us? If I looked and interpreted correctly, the only thing below our balcony should be other balconies and ocean.

Edit: After looking at other deck plans online, it looks like there is a walk way around the entire ship on Deck 5 but it isn't as wide under our balcony. I would hope there wouldn't be as much foot traffic there but even if so, I don't really mind. I don't plan on doing anything on the balcony that should get me in trouble or embarrass me. lol

You are in a better spot, in reference to the lanai. It is much skinnier there, and most people that will be at that point of the lanai will just be passing by. Probably not much hanging around & chatting right below your spot. It's more difficult to see onto your balcony from the lanai there compared to most of the lanai. You are directly above the aft lounge, where they do karaoke or comedy.

You are in a better spot, in reference to the lanai. It is much skinnier there, and most people that will be at that point of the lanai will just be passing by. Probably not much hanging around & chatting right below your spot. It's more difficult to see onto your balcony from the lanai there compared to most of the lanai. You are directly above the aft lounge, where they do karaoke or comedy.

Thanks. I don't mind being above the room with the comedy and karaoke. First, we are karaoke freaks so we will probably be doing that a lot and we are always up at least as late as the comedy shows run. I just didn't want to have to hear bass all night from the club.

So help me understand. What is the lanai and can you cover the railing or something? I got the balcony because there are times I just want to get away from people and relax.

The Lanai is Deck 5 right below the balconies on Deck 6. The Lanai wraps around the outside of the entire length of the ship on Deck 5. So anyone walking on that outside deck can see up onto the balconies (which are inset) on Deck 6 for sure, and Deck 7. We stayed on Deck 8 (on the Breeze, but same layout) and you really couldn't see onto the balconies from Deck 8 and above from the Lanai. There is a definite loss of privacy on balconies below Deck 8, plus on this class of ship the balconies do not look down right onto the water, you look down onto the Lanai deck.....a big negative in our estimation on this class of ship.

We have had balcony cabins on decks 10 & 11, we really liked them sitting we could look directly out to the sea, and standing up we could people watch by looking down on the lanai. As stated above, I would not want a balcony cabin on 6 or 7, especially if they overlooked the hot tubs.