Paradise Drydock

cruisexlife

Wow. Could you elaborate a little on why you "hated" the Paradise so much? This was my 11th cruise and I had a great time on the Paradise. Yes, I saw a bit of "wear and tear" evidence but overall I thought the ship was in great condition for her age. And we were never bored. Stateroom attendant was great. Food was better than I expected it to be. Shows were wonderful. Sun was warm and the sky was blue. What more could a person ask for?

Certainly:

It was old and run down. Flaking paint all over the place. The main deck areas (Pools, etc) looked horrible.

Wayyyyyy too small for the amount of people crammed onto the ship.

Lines were way too long for the buffet and outside food stations.

Smokers smoking wherever they pleased and Carnival did nothing to stop it.

The 1970's were calling for their staterooms/cabins/whatever back.

The staff was great, they did the best they could with what they had to work with.

It's really a shame that Tampa is now stuck with just that ship as it's only option for most of the year. Sure they popped the Pride down for the winter season since the Legend got sent down under...but that only covers about four months of the year.

What they need to do is bring the Magic to Port Canaveral to replace the Dream. PC is only about a 90 min drive from Tampa...so bringing a Dream class ship back would help with the options.

I was hoping they were going to move the Breeze to PC instead of sending her to Texas.

Just off the Paradise yesterday (first cruise after dry dock). They did not change much, other than all the carpeting. Cabins got new mattresses and shower curtains. Not even new drapes, ours had a few miniscule holes that let the sun. Still the same closet doors, etc.

Our cabin steward said the big focus was on cleaning.

But there is still rust on the outside.

So while we had a great cruise, can't say the ship is greatly improved over January.

Just off the Paradise yesterday (first cruise after dry dock). They did not change much, other than all the carpeting. Cabins got new mattresses and shower curtains. Not even new drapes, ours had a few miniscule holes that let the sun. Still the same closet doors, etc.

Our cabin steward said the big focus was on cleaning.

But there is still rust on the outside.

So while we had a great cruise, can't say the ship is greatly improved over January.

I agree with all of the above. I've sailed the Paradise before and knew what I was getting. I thought with the dry dock that it would be improved. The old girl was in worse shape than we saw her a year and a half ago.

I really hate to complain, but it wasn't good. We still had a great time, but this baby needs an overhaul. The elevators were horrible. Only one out of a set of four working is not acceptable.

We were maybe guest 10 on the ship. It was dirty. Carpets, walls, dust. It was dirty. During muster in the main lounge, there were gum wrappers, dirt and sticky stuff on the tables. I don't know what happened, really, but it wasn't cleaned.

Food was good, the same (although they ran out of stuff quite often). The staff of course was excellent as usual. Camp Carnival staff were fantastic. Really there isn't much to complain about except for the dirtiness of the entire ship.

We just booked Paradise as a BB offer after the Breeze. I have sailed on Paradise before so I'll be interested to see her condition in a couple of months.

It really isn't fair to compare the newer ships to those older in the fleet. They'll never match up. I find it a nice change-up actually. Easier to get around a smaller ship. I find them less crowded. You couldn't even get near the pool areas on the Breeze.

However, the dirty issue mentioned by other posters has me a little concerned. I'll have to report back after my cruise. Being tired and rusty is one thing, but sticky stuff in the theater and dirt in other areas; I'd be surprised to see that. Hoping for the best. :)

However, the dirty issue mentioned by other posters has me a little concerned. I'll have to report back after my cruise. Being tired and rusty is one thing, but sticky stuff in the theater and dirt in other areas; I'd be surprised to see that. Hoping for the best. :)

I was surprised too. My only assumption is that during dry dock the contractors and workers were all over the ship working and weren't able to clean like they normally would. I have to imagine that it will get back into shape during the next cruise. I hope so.

We just booked Paradise as a BB offer after the Breeze. I have sailed on Paradise before so I'll be interested to see her condition in a couple of months.

It really isn't fair to compare the newer ships to those older in the fleet. They'll never match up. I find it a nice change-up actually. Easier to get around a smaller ship. I find them less crowded. You couldn't even get near the pool areas on the Breeze.

I totally agree! I was on Paradise in 2013 and she looked a bit dated but otherwise she was great! Zero complaints! But dirty - there's just no excusing that. I hope they get this ship in shape ASAP. I'm on her May 2nd and I'm getting a bit concerned.

Hey Clearwatergirl! I'm in Clearwater too! Howdy neighbor!!!

Disappointed in the dry dock reports. Sailing June 13th and was hoping for 2.0 upgrades especially Guy Fieri restaurant!

There are definitely not the 2.0 upgrades. It was just carpeting and maintenance that would not be visible to a passenger.