Any emergency numbers on the seapass card?

jerrymanos

I had a strange dream the other night that I was on a cruise docked in Hong Kong on a private excursion and could not get back to the ship on time for sail away. It got me thinking the next morning about how I would call the boat should that really happen. I have never thought to have the cruise company's number with me on excursions. Does the Cunard seapass card have that information on it? We will be on the Queen Victoria in April. I wouldn't want that to miss a sailing time, but I also wouldn't want people on board having to deal with the situation of not knowing where I was and wondering if I was on my way back.

Most of the time we take the cruise-ship-sponsored excursions, so it's not an issue, but we have taken private excursions also. Does anyone have any experiences with this? I'm glad that I thought of this from a dream and not real life.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I always tear that bit out and put it in my wallet.

Well, that surely solves my issue. I feel a little stupid. It's embarrassing to realize that one is smarter when he is asleep than when he is awake. I never thought about this issue while awake, and I have been on about 20 cruises.

Thank you very much for your input and happy cruising.

FYI the contact information is not always 100% correct. Durring last year's QV World Voyage, someone that posts on this site needed to us the contact number and it was not the correct number. Luckily their group made it back to the ship just i time.

Don

FYI the contact information is not always 100% correct. Durring last year's QV World Voyage, someone that posts on this site needed to us the contact number and it was not the correct number. Luckily their group made it back to the ship just i time.

Don

So, how would one deal with this? I will be on the Queen Victoria. Does it make sense to go to guest relations at every port and confirm the published phone number? I would hate to be a pest if it's not necessary. Has anyone else ever experienced an incorrect number? Thanks for your time.

So, how would one deal with this? I will be on the Queen Victoria. Does it make sense to go to guest relations at every port and confirm the published phone number? I would hate to be a pest if it's not necessary. Has anyone else ever experienced an incorrect number? Thanks for your time.

Well, mistakes can happen but let's not go overboard, pun not intended, about a supposed report of an incorrect number for the port agent.

This is the first posting of such a happening that I recall seeing on these boards so I really don't think you need to worry over much.

David.

Well, mistakes can happen but let's not go overboard, pun not intended, about a supposed report of an incorrect number for the port agent.

This is the first posting of such a happening that I recall seeing on these boards so I really don't think you need to worry over much.

David.

Indeed. I think we are straying into the land of paranoia and worry over nothing.

For the case I brought up earlier, the contact number in the program was for a port agent who was no longer representing Cunard. This was during ou World Voyage and we were visiting ports that Cunard seldom stops at. I know this is a rare case but I just wanted to let everyone know that the one time a group of passengers needed to rely on the number, it was not accurate.

I hope no one ever needs to us the number.

Don