NFL Football Games

gbadge

Nope sorry to say much to my husband's chagrin not one football game on our trip on the Island Princess this past January during post season.

My hubby was running around with rabbit ears and tin foil but to no avail (just kiddin' there).

Our team was in the playoffs (GO CHARGERS!) but we could only watch the running scores along the bottom of CNN tv station to get the updates--which was a VERY frustrating 3 1/2 hours in the cabin I can tell you!

Sorry!

Yasmine (and Garry)

I'm hoping to catch a game or two on my Med cruise in October, but I'm not holding my breath... If it does come on -- no matter the time, I'll be there :) . I've lived all over the world and spent many a night getting up at 3am to watch a game (Did that for 9 years in both Guam and Okinawa).

Nope sorry to say much to my husband's chagrin not one football game on our trip on the Island Princess this past January during post season.

We had just the opposite experience on the Carribean Princess last January. They televised the NFC and AFC championship games on MUTS and in a sports bar.

The January before that, on the Celebrity Summit, they televised the NFC and AFC championship games and the Super Bowl. Huge party, lots of food...it was great fun.

On the days that the Cowboys don't play they show Dolphin games though.

I certainly hope I will get to see football games during my October cruise on the Caribbean Princess. If not, I might have to ask for refund from my TA.:D

And by the way, Chris.....everyone knows there is only one team in Florida.....

GO BUCS!!!!

Deena

My hubby was running around with rabbit ears and tin foil but to no avail (just kiddin' there).

Our team was in the playoffs (GO CHARGERS!) but we could only watch the running scores along the bottom of CNN tv station to get the updates--which was a VERY frustrating 3 1/2 hours in the cabin I can tell you!

Sorry!

Yasmine (and Garry)

We were on the CB that night and watched the Jets beat the Chargers on MUTS. it was also on ALL cabin tv's.

Mike A--Don't know what the CB is unless you meant the CP but lucky you--nothing on the Island--probably due to the fact that we were not in port so no reception in the middle of the Pacific on the way to Hawaii.

Yasmine

Mike A--Don't know what the CB is unless you meant the CP but lucky you--nothing on the Island--probably due to the fact that we were not in port so no reception in the middle of the Pacific on the way to Hawaii.

Yasmine

CB is the Princess acronym for the Carribean Princess. CP is Coral Princess. Why you were not able to receive the game I do not know. The game was shown on ESPN Desportes, the foreign version of ESPN. We were at sea that night. In addition we saw all of the wild card games that weekend as well as various NBA games on TNT.

Mike A-All I know is that my husband was desperate for the game but we could not see it. Probably the addition of MUTS to some ships has also increased the capability of those ships to receive other stations. We only had basic ship tv with CNN.

Oh well--the Chargers will just have to be in the playoffs again to make my husband happy :)

Yasmine

Well I don't want to burst anyone's bubble regarding Football, but two things come to mind....

1. the PATS are THE American Football team! (Not only because they won the last 2 superbowls, as I've been a fan since they had no team!)

2. On our past 2 Princess Cruises, the sportsbar's satellite TV was inop and never came back online for the duration of the trip. However, aren't there enough other activities on the ship to enjoy? I love a good American Football game, but on VC asea?

Archived