Solstice Suite 2151

Hows the Serenity

It will be a nice cabin with large deck, butler service and new suite dining room. Be aware you are under the ocean view café and bar area. If you are a light sleeper or noise sensitive this could be a problem.

Yes we are aware of the possible noise issues, but this was the last S1 bar one on deck 6. So we have taken the chance, and we will spend a week in Hawaii before returning to Oz, so we should be able to recuperate is noise is an issue.

On the other hand maybe if you cant beat em, then we may have to join em.

Though me inmy 60's and my husband just turned 70, that just might not happen:p

Your cruise is a long ways away. Put your name on a wait list for another S1. Some will cancel between now and final payment.

Maggie,

As this is the first cruise we have done with Celebrity, are we best to book the other restaurants as a package before we cruise or wait till we are on board?

I know we get 2 dinners at the speciality restaurants as a perk of being a suite passenger, but if we want to book more than that?

Thank you

Chris

We had a brilliant experience in our sky suite in January. We had 1403 and loved the space, the service and the perks. We did feel more movement in this location than on previous cruises, so be aware of that if you are prone to motion sickness. We just loved sitting out on the huge balcony enjoying the view of the wake.

We didn't book any restaurants in advance-yours is quite a long cruise (lucky you:D) so you will have lots of time to decide when you want to try out the specialty restaurants. We tried all the options-Murano, Tuscan Grill, Silk Harvest and Bistro on 5, and felt they were all very good to excellent. The main dining room was also very good.

Our butler was lovely, but did seem very, very busy. We are low maintenance passengers so didn't really call on him very often. The cabin attendants were amazing and kept our cabin spotless.

You will have a fantastic time-enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Helen,

We are very much looking forward to this cruise, have only cruised once before in 2013, we sailed on the Silver Whisper and did Canada/NewEngland, it was an amazing trip. We are river cruising in Europe in July for 2 weeks, then my daughter is taking me on Carnival Spirit with her and her 2 little boys in Feb 2016, a different cruise again. Have never been to Hawaii before nor NZ or Tahiti, so a few firsts on this trip.

Yes we are both prone to motion sickness, but going armed with the necessary meds to combat that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have had aft cabin on Solstice to Hawaii before. We had very smooth seas. I would chose Deck 11. That is our favorite and have it booked for this Sept. Vancouver to Hawaii on the Solstice. Deck 10 you might have your round side window in cabin blocked by window washing equipment right outside. There are some good pictures of this if you do a search on Cruise Critic.

Hi' date='

My husband & I have booked Sky Suite 2151 on the Solstice Sydney to Hawaii April 2017.

Any comments on the suite and the inclusions being suite guests.

Thank you

Chris:)[/quote']

I will be in that cabin in seven weeks on the Hawaii to Vancouver run. We were assigned it as a GTY and were thrilled to get it. I will take my chances with any overhead noise. To me the overhang is worth it because neither one of us are huge sun people and it is very private.

I will be in that cabin in seven weeks on the Hawaii to Vancouver run. We were assigned it as a GTY and were thrilled to get it. I will take my chances with any overhead noise. To me the overhang is worth it because neither one of us are huge sun people and it is very private.

Hi Kool,

Would you be so kind as to let us know what your verdict is after your cruise. We would be very interested to hear.

Thank you

Chris

We have had aft cabin on Solstice to Hawaii before. We had very smooth seas. I would chose Deck 11. That is our favorite and have it booked for this Sept. Vancouver to Hawaii on the Solstice. Deck 10 you might have your round side window in cabin blocked by window washing equipment right outside. There are some good pictures of this if you do a search on Cruise Critic.

Thanks Maggie,

We will put in for a waitlist on either of the 2 S1 sky suites on deck 11, but I will wait to hear back from another cruiser who has the same suit and is sailing Vancouver to Hawaii in 7 weeks, that should give us a good indication. I am also wavering because of the privacy the overhang would give us from above.

Chris

Hi Kool' date='

Would you be so kind as to let us know what your verdict is after your cruise. We would be very interested to hear.

Thank you

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

I will do so, Chris! I know I did a lot of searching and the reviews are mixed as far as overhead noise. But the shade and privacy, especially with five sea days, are worth taking a chance for us.