Pride June sailing

Coopie

Hello everyone. I have a few questions. My grandson is getting married on 6/5 and sailing 6/6 out of Baltimore on the Pride. He had a childs passport but it expires prior to the sail date. I know he will need an adult one. My question is can he and his new wife sail with just their birth certificates (she doesn't have a passport). Also don't they need to take the marriage certificate because of her name change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all

The Carnival website has a section on required documentation. For anything more specific I'd be safe and call.

[url]http://secure.carnival.com/core/FAQ.aspx?faq=travel+documentation[/url] Edited by SandyBShores

[quote name='Coopie']Hello everyone. I have a few questions. My grandson is getting married on 6/5 and sailing 6/6 out of Baltimore on the Pride. He had a childs passport but it expires prior to the sail date. I know he will need an adult one. My question is can he and his new wife sail with just their birth certificates (she doesn't have a passport). Also don't they need to take the marriage certificate because of her name change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all[/QUOTE]

We honeymooned in Mexico in 2010. I traveled under my maiden name. It was the only possible thing to do since the name change didnt take effect until two days before we left. All the tickets, passport, everything, had my maiden name on it.

Your granddaughter-in-law will be fine travelling under her maiden name as long as all the documents match her tickets. Also, she has one year after her passport is issued to have her name changed for free! (She should definitely take advantage of that. I forgot, and now it will cost me the full renewal fee. :rolleyes: )