Just off the Magic today and can answer your questions

razorbackgirl

I've been searching for copies of the Fun Times from the Magic in 2015. It looks like they changed from 2 Days at Sea -> Roatan -> Belize -> Cozumel - > 1 Day at Sea to the exact opposite for this years sailings. Any chance you'd be willing and able to post copies/photos of the Fun Times from your cruise?

I'm trying to figure out what night the "elegant" dining nights are.

Thanks so much!

I've been searching for copies of the Fun Times from the Magic in 2015. It looks like they changed from 2 Days at Sea -> Roatan -> Belize -> Cozumel - > 1 Day at Sea to the exact opposite for this years sailings. Any chance you'd be willing and able to post copies/photos of the Fun Times from your cruise?

I'm trying to figure out what night the "elegant" dining nights are.

Thanks so much!

We did a week long sun-sun cruise, it was eastern Caribbean. 1st formal was Monday and 2nd formal was Friday. I believe in the faq on Carnival's site it covers this.

Found it:

How many Cruise Elegant nights will be on my cruise? Which nights are they on?

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage. The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1-day cruise: none

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

• 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1616265

Edited by Sooner-Cruisers

the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1616265

Our anniversary is the 3rd day prior to the end of our cruise, so I was hoping to do the Chef's Table then...but don't want to miss the elegant night in the ballrooom. Hmmm...I'll keep digging! Thanks for that insight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are taking our 3rd Carnival cruise in September. We have cruised in the past with our DS at anytime of the year, but since he has been in school we have been vacationing during the breaks. Well, OMG we are tired of paying up to twice the normal fee to cruise during school breaks. So, since he is 8 and still in elementary school we have decided to take our next cruise during September on the Magic. Do other people do this and if so we are wondering about the amount of similar aged kids on the ship during that time. We are fine with him hanging with us, but would love for him to have a handful of kids to play with during our trip.

We are taking our 3rd Carnival cruise in September. We have cruised in the past with our DS at anytime of the year, but since he has been in school we have been vacationing during the breaks. Well, OMG we are tired of paying up to twice the normal fee to cruise during school breaks. So, since he is 8 and still in elementary school we have decided to take our next cruise during September on the Magic. Do other people do this and if so we are wondering about the amount of similar aged kids on the ship during that time. We are fine with him hanging with us, but would love for him to have a handful of kids to play with during our trip.

We did this last year (first week in Sept.). There were plenty of other kids on the boat for out kids to play with, especially when we dropped them off at Camp Carnival. There were of course noticeably fewer than when we had previously cruised in the summer. On the plus side, this meant shorter lines for the water slides, ropes course, etc.

Edited by WestTexan2

I just got off the Magic this morning, and we had horrible dining room service but great cabin service. It took us about 2.5 hours for embarkation.

I have never been impressed with the service in the dining room on the Magic, probably the worst we have ever had on Carnival.

Our dining room experience was wonderful in May! We had traditional seating. When we left the dining room each night, I always mentioned to the Maitre D and hosts that all 3 of our waiters were awesome. Yes, we had 3.....They were that good!

I have never been impressed with the service in the dining room on the Magic, probably the worst we have ever had on Carnival.

Too bad the luck of the draw didn't get you the serving crew we had for our 2 tables holding 20 peeps who switched seats everynight. The wait staff knew all of our names our relationships to each other, knew which twin was which, knew which teenager liked what. But then, we enjoy out time together as a family at dinner, don't rush our wait staff, don't "harp" about the food...just order something else if we don't like it.

My personal experience is that the service you are given is in direct proportion to the way you treat those who are serving you...a silly old concept, I'm sure.

Too bad the luck of the draw didn't get you the serving crew we had for our 2 tables holding 20 peeps who switched seats everynight. The wait staff knew all of our names our relationships to each other, knew which twin was which, knew which teenager liked what. But then, we enjoy out time together as a family at dinner, don't rush our wait staff, don't "harp" about the food...just order something else if we don't like it.

My personal experience is that the service you are given is in direct proportion to the way you treat those who are serving you...a silly old concept, I'm sure.

That is not always the case, as you can see from my signature, we have been on MANY Carnival cruises and overall have been more satisfied with the food and service on Carnival than the other lines we have cruised, but the service and the food on the Magic has never been as good on the Magic as any of the other Carnival ships we have been on and we are both pretty easy to please and always polite.

I paid $119 for the 5 days, I believe it's $40 for a day pass. There are also 2 steam rooms and two rooms with heated stone loungers.

Geez, that's crazy! The Thalasso pool on Celebrity Summit is open to adults, free of charge.