Bernard Tour 1 or 2 Differences question

Samiam997

Hello Experts,

I do so appreciate you, thank you in advance.

We're looking at the two tours offered by Bernard Tours. Does Tour 1 get you to Maho to see the really big planes landing?

We're really debating this at our home. 1 or 2. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Experts,

We're looking at the two tours offered by Bernard Tours. Does Tour 1 get you to Maho to see the really big planes landing?

We're really debating this at our home. 1 or 2. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

I have personally only done tour # 2, however as per Bernards Website Tour # 1 also goes to Maho beach.

SXM Island Tour I

9:00 am - 1:30 pm

Sightseeing and Shopping - $40/pp | $5/pp Deposit

All tours depart from the Cruise Information Center

Pickup at the cruise pier

Iguana Farm( currently under construction until further notice)

Stop at the French and Dutch border [2 mins]

Brief stop at Oyster Pond over looking the island of St Barths [5-10 mins]

Photo opportunity at Orient hilltop

Marigot - open market (French Capital) [60 mins]

Maho Beach - see low flying planes[45 mins]

Drive through Simpson Bay marina

Harold Jack Hill (View of Simpson Marina,Airport & Anguilla)

Return to Philipsburg depends on tour departure time; all guests will be returned in time to meet their ship's sail time.

Upon return to Philipsburg, transfer back to the ship will be provided free of charge, or you may choose to remain in Philipsburg to shop or sightsee at your own leisure. Walking back to the ship takes between 12 and 15 minutes, or a taxi may take you for approximately $3.

Yes, that's where I'm getting my information too, thanks.

My question is if the low flying planes one sees on tour one are the little guys. If without the stop at Orient Beach, you get there too early to see the big jumbo jets.

Anyone do tour 1?

Thanks!

I haven't done Tour 1, but I have done Tour 2 twice. On the second time, we had a later arrival into St. Martin (11:00 if I recall correctly) and our driver reversed the order of the route to be sure to get us to Maho in time to see some of the big jets. I realize this isn't what you asked, but thought this insight might help. However, my best advice is to email Bernard directly and ask. He has always been very responsive to my inquiries. I do HIGHLY recommend using his company for affordable, fun, worry free touring in St. Martin. Enjoy!

Hello Experts,

We've done both tours, 1 & 2 and both tours go to Maho about the same time so both tours will see the same planes landing and taking off. We usually get to Maho to see Air France come in around 2 pm, along with other planes. The only difference in tours is that Tour 2 spends time on Orient Beach and tour 1, I've been told by a previous poster no longer stops at Orient. If you want beach time, select tour 2.

Samian,

My wife and I were wondering the very same question. We have been in contact with someone on tripadvisor that took tour #1, they said they were at Maho Beach when the big KLM jet came in, so I asked him what tour time to take Bernard's have a 9,9:30, 10:30 and 12:30 tour time for #1. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Samian,

My wife and I were wondering the very same question. We have been in contact with someone on tripadvisor that took tour #1, they said they were at Maho Beach when the big KLM jet came in, so I asked him what tour time to take Bernard's have a 9,9:30, 10:30 and 12:30 tour time for #1. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Bernards web site states that the tour time you can take is based on your ship's arrival time.

"Tour pick up times are non-negotietable

For ships that come in at this time This is your Pick up time Between 6:00 am - 8:30 am 9:00 am 9:00 am 9:30 am 10:00 am 10:30 am 12:00 pm 12:30 pm 1:00 pm 1:30 pm

A CONFIRMATION MAIL WILL BE SEND TO YOU

ON THE CORRECT TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING YOU.

There are adjustments on returning back to the

ship based on your departure time."

I have been told that the big planes land in the afternoon between 12:30 and 2:00

I believe tour 1 spends an hour shopping with a 15 min stop @ Orient for photo opportunity, tour 2 goes to Orient Beach without shopping involved.

We've done both Tours, 1 & 2 numerous times and they both go to Marigot. Tour 1 will spend a little more time at Marigot compared to Tour 2.The only difference with each tour is that Tour 1 does not go to Orient Beach anymore and Tour 2 spends approx. 90-120 minutes at Orient Beach.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Hello,

I actually booked a private tour with Bernard. That way we can decided how long we want to stop at each place & only have our group to deal with. It's about $15.00 pp more than tour #2. We will be on tour the first full week in April.

Just thought I would throw that one out there....

Happy Sailing.

Sue

Do we need to book this ahead or can we book the day of? It's our first cruise so I am a newbie to all this! [emoji4]

if this is something you want to do-- book ahead of time

or risk the sell out before you go

Theydo sell private tours at the pier but personally would only go with someone recommended. These people rely on word of mouth and will make sure you get back to the ship on time.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I actually booked a private tour with Bernard. That way we can decided how long we want to stop at each place & only have our group to deal with. It's about $15.00 pp more than tour #2. We will be on tour the first full week in April.

Just thought I would throw that one out there....

Happy Sailing.

Sue

Sue,

Can you tell me what you did on your private tour with Bernard? What places did you stop at? Which beach did you go to? We are a party of 7 and I'm very interested in having our own personal tour guide.

Hello, we toured last week. I would highly recommend the private tour. 8 of us in a mini van. Our Guide Was Very Nice And told us about the whole island. We took off from the port area and drove to the French side first. We stopped twice. Once was to see some sea creatures and the other was to see wild iguanas. Then we went to orient beach. We stayed about 45 min. Then went to marigot. (Not really that impressed). We went to the market area and a french bakery. While it was cool, I don't feel like we would return there. We then went to maho beach to watch the planes come in. That was cool. So I would recommend going on the private tour and stopping at orient & maho beaches. Have a great cruise