Tell me what to not miss on Carnival Freedom?

br7210

For a sweet FREE treat, that does not feel as frivolous as the free soft serve ice cream or forzen yogurt, try a cup of the hot chocolate that is nearby the coffee stations. It is surprisingly delicious, and while I do not know the calorie count, it just seems less decadent than the ice cream or desserts. This is true for ALL Carnival ships, not just Freedom. Hint: put your cup under the spigot, push the button once, then wait. I thought a few of the machines were not working, when I finally realized you have to wait a few seconds after one push.

The best dessert I've ever had on a Carnival cruise is the fresh pineapple dipped in the chocolate fountain :D

Is there a drink station on the same level as the Fish & Chips?

Yes, there is a drink station up with the Fish & Chips, but I did note there is no hot chocolate at that one.

But that does bring me to another "don't miss" - the ceviche at the Fish & Chips restaurant. Delicious!

my freedom favorites (although admittedly, these are true of all the fun ship 2.0 ships):

-alchemy bar (we LOVED dzenana and corina on our oct 2014 sailing!)

-guys burgers

-sea day brunch

-late night comedy shows

-revamped stage shows (i liked 88 keys last time)

-blue iguana cantina - have you ever noticed how few mexican options are available at sea??

-lazy days on the tiered decks by the main pool

-piano bar (hi jason!)

-bar games in the back of the red frog pub

-pre-dinner snacks at taste bar

yes the taste bar is great! i dont think it's on every ship but probably most of the fun ship 2.0 ships (it replaced the sushi bar). it's typically located on the promenade near the disco and alchemy bar, and features two amuse bouche-style bites per night. they are supposedly inspired by different dining options on board - so one night is the blue iguana cantina night, and they have a tiny tureen of tortilla soup and a pork croquette. if i remember correctly, other tastes have included meatballs, mini croque monsieurs, bruschetta, etc. it's a great way to curb your hunger before dinner if you have the late seating like we do!