Epic on board expense account

gazza999

Me again!

If I did buy the on board credit in advance and I get 300$ but only spent 200$ would they credit me the difference at the end of the cruise in cash, or would we loose it?

Hi again

Any unspent OBC you have purchased should be refunded.

BTW I never use a debit card on board a cruise ship as a precaution against any accounting mishap.

Annie

Hi again

Any unspent OBC you have purchased should be refunded.

BTW I never use a debit card on board a cruise ship as a precaution against any accounting mishap.

Annie

Morning,

On the last 2 cruises we've done with RCI & Princess we used a debit card as we've never had a credit card.

I'm such a worrier, I might just have to bite the bullet and take a CC out and pay it off as soon as we get back.

Morning,

On the last 2 cruises we've done with RCI & Princess we used a debit card as we've never had a credit card.

I'm such a worrier, I might just have to bite the bullet and take a CC out and pay it off as soon as we get back.

Hi again

My advice is apply for a Clarity card and only use it for travel. Pay off the bill and lock it away. I don't even need to lock mine away, it sits in my wallet but I only use it when travelling.

Will your on board account be that high?? You have UBP; prepaying gratuities and prepaid a couple of other items??

Good luck whatever you decide. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Annie

Thanks for your help Annie, I've spoken to my husband and we've decided to purchase some gift certificates before we go and register a debit card that we don't use. As you say we don't intend to spend a lot on board, no more than £300 anyway! (I might buy a souvenir magnet from the shop and visit the Ice Bar but everything else is paid up) - Cant wait now just 83 days to go!! :):)

Ah ok, I don't really want holds on my debit cards around xmas time!

If I could use a card then I would pre-pay the service charges, our drinks are on the promo and we've pre-book private tours with other from the cruise that we've been speaking to on the roll call.

prepay if a UK booking they are often cheaper than the on board charge.

if you can't see them as an option to pay in MYNCL go through your TA to pay them in£ they can take Debit cards.

My recommendation.

Get a credit card that has low/no fee forex transactions, you have the info from previous posts.

Get the credit limit up to cover the cruise if too low to start.

then register the credit card for the on board account at checkin.

During the cruise or just wait till the last night/day pay with cash as much as you want leaving a little as you want to go on the card.

The card just becomes a tool to make travel a bit easier.