Cruise Tips

blackroze

Hello all,

Ive cruised many times in the past, but seem to have forgotten a few things. There is a thread around here, but the search function is not working. I am looking for the tips of what to bring on the cruise to save space and such. My ex-wife used to bring this thing that sit over the bathroom door with lots of pockets. She would put makeup, toothpaste etc in it. Can anyone tell me where to get one of these? Any other ideas is great, or maybe a link to that thread. Thanks a ton!

They make over the door organizers in all shapes and sizes. You can get them at Wal Mart, Target, Amazon, Bed Bath and Beyond, Dollar Stores, speciality luggage stores, Macys, practically everywhere really.

Try these:

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hanging+cosmetic+bag&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahanging+cosmetic+bag

I use one like the top "hits" (only even the bottom/deep pocket is clear) for my OTC/first-aid kit. Well, OTC+Scopalamine patches. "Dry Medicine Chest" in other words. The pastes/gels/liquids have to go in the 3-1-1 bags of course, if you fly. I bought the really small bottles of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Benedryl at the dollar store, took out the cotton and filled them all the way up. This trip I'm adding solid (lozenge) cough suppressant after having to buy cough syrup on the ship!

Ladies: I just got this stylish lanyard/badge holder from Amazon.

It's even prettier in person! The clasp is magnetic, so you don't have to fumble with lobster claws or anything similar requiring dexterity. I'm really excited to try it out on my cruise for my keycard. I'll make sure to include it in my review when I return. :)

Hello all,

Ive cruised many times in the past, but seem to have forgotten a few things. There is a thread around here, but the search function is not working. I am looking for the tips of what to bring on the cruise to save space and such. My ex-wife used to bring this thing that sit over the bathroom door with lots of pockets. She would put makeup, toothpaste etc in it. Can anyone tell me where to get one of these? Any other ideas is great, or maybe a link to that thread. Thanks a ton!

I know exactly what you mean. I have one that I use on all of my trips. I think I don't remember where I got it but I see them in Target, Walmart, CVS, etc usually near the make-up or travel toiletry section.

Here's a link to a google search I did:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=toiletry+travel+bag&tbm=shop&spd=3893863077541222404

Hope this helps!:)