Platinum perks for non drinkers?

JessLCH

My husband and I don't drink and are Platinum members. We usually book a suite or two connecting rooms. Between the welcome sparkling wine and two bottles of wine at Le Bistro, we always end up with these "perks" that we don't use. Anyone know if NCL will ever substitute anything else? We've even asked our cabin steward if we could trade the wine in room for sparking water or bottled water and were told no.

There is no harm is asking, but it doesn't surprise me that the answer was no.

When a range of perks is given, there is usually the assumption that not everyone will take every one up. For that reason substitutions are often not allowed.

I think I have heard of people reporting that they did get substitutions, so it probably does happen, but I'd treat it like a bonus if it is given.

My husband and I don't drink and are Platinum members. We usually book a suite or two connecting rooms. Between the welcome sparkling wine and two bottles of wine at Le Bistro, we always end up with these "perks" that we don't use. Anyone know if NCL will ever substitute anything else? We've even asked our cabin steward if we could trade the wine in room for sparking water or bottled water and were told no.

I was always under the impression that the sparkling wine in the suite could be exchanged for sparkling water. In regard to the two bottles of wine at Le Bistro (and you do know you can go to any other restaurant that is the same cost or below and don't have to go only to Le Bistro, right?) you can also get cocktails instead of the bottle of wine. I know you said you didn't drink but that would also include virgin drinks.

Harriet