Totally Confused--Sleeping 4 in a room on S-ship

pdcsgirl

I think 'villauk' has done a good job of explaining the room set up and providing good photographs for 4 quests i.e. if you want the 'bunk' set up you need cabins with the 'square' and 'triangle' symbols. These rooms could in theory sleep 5 but Celebrity does not let you book more than 4 into these cabins (only FV's). You could ask the stateroom attendant to make up either the pull down bunk or the trundle bed.

You rightly identified that these are only found on decks 6-9 on S Class ships. The upper decks do not have any 'upper berths' which means if you want concierge, aqua or a suite non of these cabins appear to have upper berths. The cabins with just a 'square' have the trundle bed set up which can impact your access to the balcony at night. Also of note is that the queen bed appears to be always nearest the bathroom on cabin's that sleep 3 or 4 passengers.

Word of warning: On Reflection we booked cabin #6109 as we wanted the 'bunk' set up (we have 2 small kids and like you were happy to have them in the same cabin). However, this cabin does not have an upper berth (interestingly the deck plan still hasn't been changed). Customer service were very understanding and moved us to #7280. Since then we have always booked cabins on the hump with the upper berth. They are in an excellent location with fantastic unobstructed views.

It always amuses me when this subject is discussed and someone suggests booking 2 cabins instead of one 4 berth cabin . For anyone like myself with 2 kids this would basically increase the price of our cruise by £3000 !

We shall be on our fourth cruise on the Eclipse in our 4 berth cabin in July . With a little bit of careful planning and as long as you do not take caseloads of clothes a 4 berth cabin is fine .

It always amuses me when this subject is discussed and someone suggests booking 2 cabins instead of one 4 berth cabin . For anyone like myself with 2 kids this would basically increase the price of our cruise by £3000 !

We shall be on our fourth cruise on the Eclipse in our 4 berth cabin in July . With a little bit of careful planning and as long as you do not take caseloads of clothes a 4 berth cabin is fine .

And if bathroom time is an issue consider showering in the locker rooms at the spa. They are not usually crowded and you can also use the sauna.

Agreed. I realize that sometimes the incremental cost is worth it for extra space, but with young kids it's not an option anyway.