Upgrade to Family Suite from Balcony

BigEasyCC

Has anyone else decided it was worth the few hundred more to go from a balcony to a family suite? The new promo for Freestyle Choice gave me the UDP, UPB, $200 OBC and now the DSC! I can't believe that Norwegian is giving all these plus the regular suite amenities. But I did it. Can't pass this one up!

Has anyone else decided it was worth the few hundred more to go from a balcony to a family suite? The new promo for Freestyle Choice gave me the UDP, UPB, $200 OBC and now the DSC! I can't believe that Norwegian is giving all these plus the regular suite amenities. But I did it. Can't pass this one up!

What ship? We booked an SJ Suite on the Star family suite and got a ridiculous great price.

Are the SJs the oceanview suites at the front of deck 12? Since they are OV and don't have a balcony, when we sailed on the Star a couple years ago, the fare wasn't a great deal more than a regular balcony and the difference in space is huge. They are usually the least expensive suite option and include full suite perks. There are beds for 6 with each bed having an optional curtain to pull around it, and a dining area. Where you lose the balcony though, you gain floor to ceiling windows looking out the front of the ship. It is a gorgeous view. You're also just steps away from the pool deck so while you don't have private balcony space, you're certainly not far from fresh air and sunshine.

We were in a 2 bdrm family suite on the Star which was a significant cost difference from the balcony but it gave us a lot more privacy within the suite since the bedrooms have doors and we were traveling with another family. We had a balcony and a living/dining room separate from the bedrooms.

My family decided to get a family suite instead of two balconies. It's a win-win. Just a little more expensive than two balconies (esp mini-suites, Udp for all, ubp for the ppl who actually drink, soda packages for the soda lovers, a slightly higher obc, gratuities for two, a butler, concierge, and priority boarding to name a few. I booked two separate suited, 1 yr a part, with the current special. Thanks to cc I was able to get to get a heads up on the addition of dsc and called on 3/1 and got it added. I also found info on suited that we're going for $423 pp in 2017. We ended up booking a OS with the four offers for $588 pp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the SJs the oceanview suites at the front of deck 12? Since they are OV and don't have a balcony, when we sailed on the Star a couple years ago, the fare wasn't a great deal more than a regular balcony and the difference in space is huge. They are usually the least expensive suite option and include full suite perks. There are beds for 6 with each bed having an optional curtain to pull around it, and a dining area. Where you lose the balcony though, you gain floor to ceiling windows looking out the front of the ship. It is a gorgeous view. You're also just steps away from the pool deck so while you don't have private balcony space, you're certainly not far from fresh air and sunshine.

We were in a 2 bdrm family suite on the Star which was a significant cost difference from the balcony but it gave us a lot more privacy within the suite since the bedrooms have doors and we were traveling with another family. We had a balcony and a living/dining room separate from the bedrooms.

Yep they are basically huge oceanview full suites. Can't wait.

My family decided to get a family suite instead of two balconies. It's a win-win. Just a little more expensive than two balconies (esp mini-suites, Udp for all, ubp for the ppl who actually drink, soda packages for the soda lovers, a slightly higher obc, gratuities for two, a butler, concierge, and priority boarding to name a few. I booked two separate suited, 1 yr a part, with the current special. Thanks to cc I was able to get to get a heads up on the addition of dsc and called on 3/1 and got it added. I also found info on suited that we're going for $423 pp in 2017. We ended up booking a OS with the four offers for $588 pp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share your tips on such a great OS deal

I got all my tips from the board. Best deal 7 night out of NO in Jan 2017 on Dawn.

OS: $4K for 6 ppl...I booked 6 for flexibility since 3-6 are free with the special but may change.

Family suite no balcony $3200 for 6 ppl.

Suites include: UDP, UBP, $300 credit, DSC for 1st two guests plus I used AARP DISCOUNT.

Some Jan dates had already sold out of the suites based on the great deals.

I got all my tips from the cc boards. Best deal 7 night out of NO in Jan 2017 on Dawn.

OS: $4K for 6 ppl...I booked 6 for flexibility since 3-6 are free with the special but may change. And yes, its the is w\o a balcony.

Suites include: UDP, UBP, $300 credit, DSC for 1st two guests plus I used AARP DISCOUNT.

I got all my tips from the cc boards. Best deal 7 night out of NO in Jan 2017 on Dawn.

OS: $4K for 6 ppl...I booked 6 for flexibility since 3-6 are free with the special but may change. And yes, its the is w\o a balcony.

I booked a SJ Family suite in Jan. With AARP, it was $3,152 for 6!!! I could not pass up!!!!

I found it by doing a search for 6 passengers, so only suite prices would come up and sorted by price. I can drive to New Orleans, so that made it great!!! I also booked for 6, but may drop one or two later. I am not even sure who I am going to take!!

7 Days Caribbean-Western

Norwegian Cruise Line • Norwegian Dawn

New Orleans, Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Cay, Costa Maya, New Orleans

4 departure dates: Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 2017

Inside from

$589

$84 per day

OceanView from

$659

$94 per day

Balcony from

$1029

$147 per day

Suite from

$1149

$164 per day

Thought I'd show you what caught my attention and started this whole thing.

Go for the SC suite, i am booked in that Suite on the Jewel 4/4/15. I was in a SC Suite on the Dawn 2007 it is an awesome suite only downside is the balcony is not that big. Aft balconys are the best.

7 Days Caribbean-Western

Norwegian Cruise Line • Norwegian Dawn

New Orleans, Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Cay, Costa Maya, New Orleans

4 departure dates: Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 2017

Inside from

$589

$84 per day

OceanView from

$659

$94 per day

Balcony from

$1029

$147 per day

Suite from

$1149

$164 per day

Thought I'd show you what caught my attention and started this whole thing.

That has to be the Mini Suite - not an S class cabin.

366401.jpg

Family Suite - SJ

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, a sofa bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. Everyone can hang out in the living and dining area and there is a luxury bath with shower. Butler and concierge available. Accommodates: 4-6.

Deck: 12

Cabin Price

$1,299.00magnifying-glass.pngCabin Price Details:

(2) Cruise Rate$1,299.00

Cruise TOTAL$2,598.00

Yes, I know this is not available for every ship or at any time. But I was very excited to see I could splurge on a suite for once in my life! I have 2 years to pay on it, so I did it.

Edited by BigEasyCC