Ship photo gallery charges

bob-a

Quick and hopefully straight-forward question. Do you know what the on-board photo gallery, particularly for Princess, charges to transfer photos from a camera SD card onto either a DVD or a thumb drive?:confused:

We sail in 15 days (Island Princess):D. But I do appreciate the offer. Guess I'll find out when we get on board ;).

And maybe just bring along a few extra DVDs and thumbdrives.

Thanks again for the response!

Regardless of the cost, you would probably be better off to simply pick up a few extra cards. The last time we traveled with someone who used the service on Royal, it was $14.95 to transfer a card to a CD. Yes, A CD.

Having more than enough cards to use a different one each day is a good way to ensure that not only will you have enough sheer volume, but if you lose your camera, everything you shoot up to that day is still with you.

Memory is cheap and you won't have to spend the money again next time.

Dave

I'll have plenty of SD cards for the camera. But I always like to have a 2nd copy as a backup. $14.95 for a transfer to CD is a bit much however:o.

Redundancy is always a good option in the digital world. Even with the almost perfect reliability of modern (quality) memory cards, loss is always a possibility.

I used to take a laptop along but lately, I just travel with my tablet and this little gem:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CSFCYFY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It allows me to transfer files directly from an SD card to a thumb drive or even a portable hard drive using my tablet as an interface. I can also copy some images to the tablet to share if needed. There are a few other models/brands that do this but this one was on sale when I got it and it has worked out well for me.

Whatever you end up doing, enjoy your trip!

Dave

I take my iPad with me, love to down load my pictures and have a look. So I can review, see what other pictures I need to take, show friends and have it as a great backup. My Sony cameras allow me to send direct from camera to iPad or I use a plug from card to iPad.

Tom :cool: