Seuss at Sea

I'm just off the Triumph. It's $5.00 per person and we signed up the day we embarked. There was a table set up right before you head outside to Lido. Whatever you do - do NOT order the waffles. They were horrible! LOL

Ours was the last sea day.

Edited by BlasianGrl

I will be on the Pride next month and our group wants to go to the Seuss at Sea brunch. Does anyone know if they only do this on specific days on the cruise? Also, do I have to reserve ahead of time?

Saw it, and If you like eating with majority children, and tables decorated in Dr. Seuss theme, then do it. All the Children loved it, but many adults didn't.

I was just on the Pride. The Dr. Seuss breakfast was on Saturday (the last sea day) at 9AM. They started taking reservations the first day, but I’m not sure what the maximum is, or how close to full we were. Our sailing didn’t seem to have a ton of kids in general, though. If you’re going when there are a lot of families/kids, you probably would want to sign up early. There was a table set up in the atrium on the first day where you could look at the menu and reserve your seats, and I think it’s also “advertised” in the FunTimes with a phone number to call to make reservations.

Of course, there were families there, but there were several tables of just adults (including mine). My significant other was very excited to go, but then disappointed when we got there and he learned there was no Lorax costumed character- that’s his favorite. So, if you’re not traveling with kids, but love Dr Seuss, or just want to do something different and fun, don’t be afraid to check it out.

(but avoid the red and white striped yogurt parfait if you can’t handle a sickeningly sweet sugar content….LOL)

The breakfast is usually done on a sea day. Don't worry about them selling out. We were on the Freedom in September and there was so much interest, they had two seatings. It was a lot of fun and my son loved it.

Ok, this may be an "odd" question...but I'm going to put it out there. :D

We can't wait to do the Seuss breakfast with our 6 year old (who is celebrating Dr Seuss birthday this week in school and having a lot of fun with it).

Did any of you that have done it seen anyone (parents and children) dressed up for the event?

I have seen some really cute shirts with the "Thing 1" for the children and I found a "Mom of Thing 1" shirt for me. My husbands name is Sam and I thought about buying him the "Sam I am" shirt to wear.

Now comes the "funny" part. I bought a Thing wig...you know, the BLUE fuzzy wig they wear? I really get into things like this and I know my daughter would get a kick out of it.

Anyone seen others dress up for this event?

I know they also have the parades I was told. I thought it would be fun for that too. :o

Ok people...don't run and hide from me now thinking I've lost my mind. :eek:

Ok, this may be an "odd" question...but I'm going to put it out there. :D

We can't wait to do the Seuss breakfast with our 6 year old (who is celebrating Dr Seuss birthday this week in school and having a lot of fun with it).

Did any of you that have done it seen anyone (parents and children) dressed up for the event?

I have seen some really cute shirts with the "Thing 1" for the children and I found a "Mom of Thing 1" shirt for me. My husbands name is Sam and I thought about buying him the "Sam I am" shirt to wear.

Now comes the "funny" part. I bought a Thing wig...you know, the BLUE fuzzy wig they wear? I really get into things like this and I know my daughter would get a kick out of it.

Anyone seen others dress up for this event?

I know they also have the parades I was told. I thought it would be fun for that too. :o

Ok people...don't run and hide from me now thinking I've lost my mind. :eek:

Too funny. My husband and I ordered Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts for us for the breakfast (no kids, just us) and we want to get the blue wigs as well. LOL. The only problem for me is that I usually wear my hair braided when cruising (with extensions) and not sure if the wig will be able to fit over my braids. I have seen pictures of this breakfast with people in shirts with various Dr. Seuss characters, but I haven't seen the wigs. :)

Truth be told, we are willing to have too much fun at this breakfast including dressing up in character. :D

My 2 cents

Our children dressed up with Cat in the Hat hats, and my husband had a Thing 2 shirt. There were a few others dressed up as well and we were on one of the first cruises to offer this brunch. There are a lot of photo ops so dressing up adds to the fun! There is also a parade and 1 day they have special dr seuss photo backdrops.

They had 2 seatings to accommodate everyone and several tables were adult only.

We couldn't decide on food so our waiter brought out 1 of everything on the menu for the group of us to share. All of it was good. It was in fact the best breakfast we'd had on the ship.

I can't wait for this and we are two 30 something's! We love disney character breakfasts though so we are just giant kids

Same here. We're in our 50s and love character meals. I can't wait to try the Seuss breakfast.

Same here. We're in our 50s and love character meals. I can't wait to try the Seuss breakfast.

I agree.. husband & I are in our 50s, my parents are in their 80s and we are all going to the Seuss breakfast on the Glory !! :)

Too funny. My husband and I ordered Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts for us for the breakfast (no kids, just us) and we want to get the blue wigs as well. LOL. The only problem for me is that I usually wear my hair braided when cruising (with extensions) and not sure if the wig will be able to fit over my braids. I have seen pictures of this breakfast with people in shirts with various Dr. Seuss characters, but I haven't seen the wigs. :)

Truth be told, we are willing to have too much fun at this breakfast including dressing up in character. :D

Glad to hear I won't be the only one that isn't "normal". LOL I know I have seen the pictures of people with the shirts...just never seen anyone that wasn't staff with the "wig". I'm going to have fun with this. :D

How many times in a 7 day cruise do they typically do it?

It's my daughter's birthday that week, so we thought it would be a fun thing to do.

It was offered only one morning on our 7 day cruise. Pictures were also taken during the breakfast. Your daughter wld have such a memorable birthday. Make reservations as soon as possible.

Glad to hear I won't be the only one that isn't "normal". LOL I know I have seen the pictures of people with the shirts...just never seen anyone that wasn't staff with the "wig". I'm going to have fun with this. :D

And please take pictures of all the fun my husband and I will look forward to. June can't get here fast enough!

• 2 weeks later...