Getaway Haven Forward Facing Penthouse Reviews?

Samiam997

Garnet115 - I had the same question about the couch. Finally got a response from someone who had stayed the the forward facing haven room. The couch is a single. I was told you can request a roll away bed brought in.

I don't know the answers to your other questions - but I will on May 30 :-)

I am booked in Cabin 9706, it also has a connecting door as well but not so much worried and understand that there will not be a view from the forward window as such.

We booked this cabin due to the bigger room with 3 adults sharing it. I know notice on the cabin availability deck 10 cabin 10706 has a guest bathroom is this a typo on Norwegians site as i believe all forward penthouses have just the 1 bathroom.

Garnet115 - I had the same question about the couch. Finally got a response from someone who had stayed the the forward facing haven room. The couch is a single. I was told you can request a roll away bed brought in.

I don't know the answers to your other questions - but I will on May 30 :-)

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it was a single. Not sure why they didn't make it a double. It will be just me and dd, so it doesn't much matter, but my spoiled kid is used to sleeping in a double bed. I'm sure for a cruise - in a suite no less - she'd be willing to put up with a single!

Looking forward to your full report in June. ;)

I am booked in Cabin 9706, it also has a connecting door as well but not so much worried and understand that there will not be a view from the forward window as such.

We booked this cabin due to the bigger room with 3 adults sharing it. I know notice on the cabin availability deck 10 cabin 10706 has a guest bathroom is this a typo on Norwegians site as i believe all forward penthouses have just the 1 bathroom.

That's a really good question. I'll be interested to hear the answer.

I remember my PCC reading a description that did make it sound like there was an additional bathroom - "guest bathroom". There was nothing about a main or master bathroom in the description so I just dismissed it as a poor choice of wording on NCL's part. :confused:

I found this video of 10106 (from Breakaway), which also says "second bathroom with shower" on the NCL site. There is nothing in this video that leads me to believe that the layout is significantly different from the other forward suites. It does not look like there is a second bath. Boo to NCL for the inaccurate description on their own site.

I found this video of 10106 (from Breakaway), which also says "second bathroom with shower" on the NCL site. There is nothing in this video that leads me to believe that the layout is significantly different from the other forward suites. It does not look like there is a second bath. Boo to NCL for the inaccurate description on their own site.

Thanks for sharing the video, garnet! It looks like a lovely suite and the bathroom looks very nice but, like you said, no evidence of a 2nd bathroom!

The best source I have found for accurate NCL information for Breakaway/Getaway is bear1342's thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38341623&postcount=1

I have found the Google spreadsheet link in post #1 to be extremely helpful! :)

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but wondered if anyone had an update. I am considering booking 9106 on Getaway because it is slightly larger and it would be for 3 adults... my adult sister and older parents. Want to balance out the space - noise concerns.

I know this is an old thread, but wondered if anyone had an update. I am considering booking 9106 on Getaway because it is slightly larger and it would be for 3 adults... my adult sister and older parents. Want to balance out the space - noise concerns.

I'm on the getaway in 9706 at the moment. The room is a great size. The bed orientation does throw me off a bit. The bathroom is great.

It is a hike to the haven. No noise at all from the connecting room

My only issue with the room is the Crew deck in below the bedroom. Twice they have been very loud at night so for that reason I won't book this room again.

I'm on the getaway in 9706 at the moment. The room is a great size. The bed orientation does throw me off a bit. The bathroom is great.

It is a hike to the haven. No noise at all from the connecting room

My only issue with the room is the Crew deck in below the bedroom. Twice they have been very loud at night so for that reason I won't book this room again.

We had the same problem in that cabin on Breakaway. They said they closed the crew bar at 11 after we complained but it happened again after that. We ended up getting free Cirque show and offer of a free Teppanaki which we declined as it was the last night and we wanted to say goodbye to our new friends and wonderful workers in the Haven.