Hints Please

A taxi to Costa Teguise (or possibly a shuttle bus transfer) isn't far from Arrecife. Perhaps you can have a swim there and there are cafés along the waterfront where perhaps your DH could sit and have a drink. A taxi may be best (they are fixed price and reasonable too) as I would guess the shuttle drops in the centre of the village whereas the taxi could drop you on the prom. It's an attractive seafront. Hope you manage to get a dip somewhere and have a great time. :)

I would love to be brave enough to book taxis. I know so many on here and FB do that, but we have only ever once had a taxi and that was in Tunisia. The taxi driver agreed a figure, drove us into Tunis, picked a guide up who took us round for an hour including his family perfumery shop where we were obliged to buy something. We did get to places we wouldn't have seen if on our own though. When we got back our tip wasn't enough, but the taxi driver was waiting for us as agreed. He tried to take us somewhere else but we managed to get back to the ship and he did charge us the agreed price, but it did kind of put us off trying it again. Will try to give it a go.

I would love to be brave enough to book taxis. I know so many on here and FB do that, but we have only ever once had a taxi and that was in Tunisia. The taxi driver agreed a figure, drove us into Tunis, picked a guide up who took us round for an hour including his family perfumery shop where we were obliged to buy something. We did get to places we wouldn't have seen if on our own though. When we got back our tip wasn't enough, but the taxi driver was waiting for us as agreed. He tried to take us somewhere else but we managed to get back to the ship and he did charge us the agreed price, but it did kind of put us off trying it again. Will try to give it a go.

I can imagine that was a bit unnerving - but I can assure you that the set up in Lanzarote is very different. There are fixed charges for a given ride - I'm sure they were even posted by the taxi stand near our hotel in Costa Teguise. We've used taxis quite a lot on the island both when visiting on cruises and when staying at a hotel and I think they are very well regulated - also very reasonable.

P.S. We've used taxis in lots of places - but I wouldn't risk it in some countries either!

Edited by kruzseeka