Star or Escape

Any kids? Age?

The new Escape will have more for all, but is a lot larger in size and amount of guests...approx 2200 vs 4200

I do not like to walk the distance of a football field through crowds to see shows or eat.

I choose the older, smaller ships which gives me a better chance of affording suites.

I was just looking at the Escape for a Nov 2016 cruise. Once I saw how big it was, I backed off and started looking at the older, smaller ships.

Haven't been on the older NCL ships yet (just Breakaway), but my favorite DCL ship is the Wonder which does not have the bells and whistles of Disney's newer, substantially larger ships. Having said that, my kids adore the newer ships since they have water slides and more kids activities.

If your kids like pools, definitely go with Escape. If your family is at all like mine, you'll probably have a better time on the older ship in a suite, but your kids will have a better time on the newer ship with the balcony.

I find that sometimes the newer ships don't do the best itineraries. In fact I recently had to decide between Breakaway or Gem out of New York. We opted for the Gem because it was nighter and much better itinerary. At the end of the day we only pay them $100 more for a much better cruise and 2 extra nights even though it wasn't a new ship

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app