Best Dining Rotation on Fantasy?

gina1569

I work for a company that partners with Disney on many projects and they told Disney that I was on the cruise...I think that's why I just got an email from Disney Cruise VIP Guests Servives (whatever that is) asking me if I have any special requests or need special assistance.

I was thinking about asking them for a specific dining rotation. Can somebody suggest the best rotation with 7 yr old twins? The adults have reservations at REMY on night 3, so we will miss the regular dining room that night. Prince & Princess dinner is night 4, Pirate night is night 5, Captain's dinner night 6.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by gina1569

Honestly, I think that choosing a dining rotation is much ado about nothing because by the end of the cruise, each guest has had all the same dining experiences.

HOWEVER, you have chosen adult dining on one of the signature nights. My suggestion would be that you do not want to have Animator's that night because you don't want to miss it. On the Fantasy, there are 2 totally different Animator's shows, one for each night. I would pick whatever rotation gives you Animator's on night 2. Night 1 is sometimes a little hectic with just meeting your servers, all the hassle of getting to port, etc.

What are you planning to do with the kids while the adults go to Remy? That might also influence your decision.

And "whatever that is" is the backdoor name for shoreside concierge when you have not booked concierge.

Thank you! very helpful.

A couple follow up questions....

1) Why is night 3 a signature night?...we scheduled REMY that night because we thought is was a regular night.

2) If we get Animator's on night 1, do we get to eat there 3 times (night 1, 4, 7)? I might want to do that if Animator's is the best.

3) I was hoping to send the kids to kids club on night 3 while we go to REMY. Do they feed them there? Kids would be happy with hot dogs, pizza and Mac n Cheese...lol

4) What other things can I ask from this VIP guest services? I can't think of anything.

Thanks again.

1) There is no such thing as a "regular" night. Each night is either a signature night (3 of those, one for each restaurant) or a theme night. You have listed the theme night except for the last night which will likely be "Till We Meet Again." On theme nights, all 3 MDRs serve the same menu. On signature nights, each restaurant serves its own signature menu. SO if you go to the each of the restaurants on the signature nights, you'll experience each of the menus.

If you skip ANY of the MDR nights, you will miss something. There is no way around that. You are simply choosing what you wish to miss.

2) Yes, if you start in Animator's you will SIT there three time. There are only 2 shows. The third time there will be no show; it is just a matter that you will be sitting in that room. It isn't that Animator's is the "best," but rather that the shows are not to be missed. The food is the same (other than the signature night).

3) The dinner times in the Oceaneer's Club/Lab are different from in the MDRs. Yes, food is offered to any kid in the programming at the meal times BUT they are not forced to eat anything. Your other options are to order room service for them and supervise their intake while you are dressing, etc. or get something for them from the pool deck outlet(s).

4) Do you have your Remy reservation yet? They can take care of that for you.

Thank you! very helpful.

A couple follow up questions....

1) Why is night 3 a signature night?...we scheduled REMY that night because we thought is was a regular night.

2) If we get Animator's on night 1, do we get to eat there 3 times (night 1, 4, 7)? I might want to do that if Animator's is the best.

3) I was hoping to send the kids to kids club on night 3 while we go to REMY. Do they feed them there? Kids would be happy with hot dogs, pizza and Mac n Cheese...lol

4) What other things can I ask from this VIP guest services? I can't think of anything.

Thanks again.

If you are scheduled in Animator's 3 times, the first time will be the Signature menu (the menu only served in Animator's), the second time is most likely Pirate night (all MDRs serve the Pirate menu), and the 3rd time is the Animation show. The menu served that night is the same menu that's served in the other MDRs that evening, except for the appetizer/soup selection (there's only one of each) and dessert (only 2). This is so they aren't delayed taking appetizer/soup orders and can concentrate on the logistics of helping guests prepare their drawings for the animation show.

Depending on which itinerary you are on the rotation is 1231223 (most Western itineraries) or 1231123 (Eastern). The eastern rotation recently changed from 1231231.

This is information that someone else put together (prior to the recent rotation change):

FANTASY DINING ROTATIONS 8/17/14

Western A/Eastern A/Eastern B/Eastern C:

RAERAER

AERAERA

ERAERAE

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP

Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 4 - Pirate menu

Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP

Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP

Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

Western B [w/ Costa Maya]/Western C [w/ Jamaica]:

RAERAAE

AERAEER

ERAERRA

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP

Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 4 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation if in AP

Night 5 - Pirate menu

Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP

Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

You can make life easy and just say "I don't want to be in Animator's on night 3" if that meets your needs OR you can choose a specific rotation.

Shmoo is right--the Fantasy does "See You Real Soon" on the last night, not "Till We Meet Again" which is Magic.

We just received notification of pirate night now going to be on night 5 of our cruise. It seems they had always scheduled pirate night for the dining room you would be in 3 times, and I was also reading a trip report on another site of a recent Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise and they said their rotation was ERAEERA, does anyone else have information of a possible change in the rotation schedules?

We just received notification of pirate night now going to be on night 5 of our cruise. It seems they had always scheduled pirate night for the dining room you would be in 3 times, and I was also reading a trip report on another site of a recent Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise and they said their rotation was ERAEERA, does anyone else have information of a possible change in the rotation schedules?

Yes, I did mention in my post, "Depending on which itinerary you are on the rotation is 1231223 (most Western itineraries) or 1231123 (Eastern). The eastern rotation recently changed from 1231231."

I know its all subjective, but I thought AP and RC were the two nicest. Now I see some of you are wishing for 3 nights in EG.

I was thinking to ask for RAERRAE, but if we do Remy on night 3, that means we dont go to EG until the last night.

I could move Remy to night 4, but I think the kids might like the Prince & Princess theme. Can someone please describe the Prince & Princess theme and menu?

Thanks

I know its all subjective, but I thought AP and RC were the two nicest. Now I see some of you are wishing for 3 nights in EG.

I was thinking to ask for RAERRAE, but if we do Remy on night 3, that means we dont go to EG until the last night.

I could move Remy to night 4, but I think the kids might like the Prince & Princess theme. Can someone please describe the Prince & Princess theme and menu?

Thanks

If you go here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/

you'll find the various menus available. The "themeing" is really just the menu. There's no real difference in the MDR due to the menu theme.

Thank you all!

Here's what I requested...E,R,A,E,E,R,A and I moved the Remy reservation to night 4 (Prince & Princess night).

My logic is that I can go to all restaurants twice, can do the signature night at all 3 restaurants and are at RC for the formal and semi-formal nights (2 & 6).

I don't mind missing the Prince & Princess theme...menu is not appealing and my kids are not into it...they are more Pirate type personalities.

Now hoping for no more snow until the cruise!

Thanks

The "Theme" basically means what costumes do the servers wear, what picture is on the front of the menu, and what costumes do the characters wear when they are out and about around the ship.

As to which restaurants are the "nicest," you are talking about the decor. Animator's has the shows, but on a non-show night it is just another dining room. Royal and Enchanted are both pretty. If you ever have a chance to look around at lunch or on embarkation day, the rooms themselves are gorgeous but at dinner they are a very noisy, busy venue as the staff tries to get everyone served without falling over little children whose parents can't seem to keep them in their seats. Other than signature nights, the menus are the same for all three.

Your selection makes perfect sense. Enjoy the cruise!

• 5 weeks later...

hmmm. reading this thread is making me wonder if I was able to get Palo reservations for night 3 and not 4 or 5 when I looked b/c people dont want to miss Animators on Night 3?? I just grabbed 830 reservations b/c I wanted to try and put the baby to sleep for the nursey and then go to dinner. The other night didnt have reservations that late.

hmmm. reading this thread is making me wonder if I was able to get Palo reservations for night 3 and not 4 or 5 when I looked b/c people dont want to miss Animators on Night 3?? I just grabbed 830 reservations b/c I wanted to try and put the baby to sleep for the nursey and then go to dinner. The other night didnt have reservations that late.

Only 1/3 of the guests on board will be scheduled in Animator's on night 3 (or any other night). The reason you found reservations as you did was pure luck and who got there before you did.

You can always try to change your reservations after boarding if you wish.