Is FTTF worth it in Jacksonville port?

CruizCuz

We will be sailing on the Fascination out of Jacksonville in September. The deals were just too good! My question is this: When we sailed out of Port Canaveral, we had FTTF and it was DEFINITELY worth it. I am getting mixed reviews about whether it is worth it in Jacksonville. I understand that you can't get to the port before 10:30 because of debarking guests? We plan on parking at the port (advised per fellow CC guests) and usually like to board asap and start enjoying our cruise! ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you!

We sailed on her in January and had FTTF. We arrived at the port at 10:30 and they started boarding at 11:30. We were the 3rd group to board after Diamond and Platinum. They sit you in a separate area from general boarding. Our stateroom was ready and our bags came very quickly. It all went very smoothly and fairly quickly. It was worth it for Debarkation as well. We did self assist and we were in our car at 9:15 am! Priority Tender was great too. They had a separate elevator and we walked right on the tender.

It was worth it to us! We had a great time!

JAX is a tiny port, and VERY easy. From car to stateroom within 30 minutes on embarkation and about the same on debarkation day. I wouldn't waste my money on FTTF based on that experience.

We always get FTTF because your baggage gets priority and our room is already ready, so we board the ship drop off our carry on bag and go for lunch, come back and our luggage always is there before any body else's. We also like to disembark early and get priority for that too.

JAX is a tiny port, and VERY easy. From car to stateroom within 30 minutes on embarkation and about the same on debarkation day. I wouldn't waste my money on FTTF based on that experience.

I agree with Tapi. Everyone gets on first at jax!

Thank you ALL for the prompt replies! It seems like the general consensus is that embarkation is easy, and therefore FTTF isn't necessary. However, priority tendering, quick luggage delivery and room readiness are all reasons to consider this option. So NO arriving to the port prior to 10:30 is what I am reading as well? I will be traveling with my senior parents, so trying to make ambulating as easy as possible.

That is true, Jax is very strict on not allowing vehicles/people in until past 10:30 happened to us on the past two cruises.

This port is extremely easy but remember she still can carry a maximum of 2634 passengers, so there will be lines.