New to NCL - couple questions

eyzwdeshut

When i cruised on Princess, they had a sale at the end of the cruise for their rolling expandable travel bags. Does NCL have something like this?

Also, since i am not familiar with the soda card program, can someone please explain the pros & cons of bringing an insulated mug?

Thanks for the help!

We now have 2 different NCL bags that were on sale at the end of our cruises -- needed something to help bring those souveniers home in :o . One expands and is on wheels -- kind of a squarish shape. It doesn't roll extremely well, but it's adequate. The other one is more of a duffel bag that folds up quite compactly.

As far as the soda program goes, I don't know if they would refill your own mug or not. We have purchased the soda cards on all 3 of our cruises -- the first 2 cruises included a refillable "coke mug", and the last one didn't. However, even their coke mug holds barely 12 ounces, and we preferred just getting our soda in cups.

WE sailed the Spirit on 8/20 and I ordered the Soda card for me, my 16 YO daughter and my 11 YO son. It was $16.00 total for my son but was $40.25 for me and my daughter( Each). When I got on board, there was a wrist band for my son, and a sticker for my daughter but nothing for me. I tried for 3 days to get my soda sticker to no avail. When I returned I called NCL and explained that I never got my soda sticker and they credited my credit card $16.00 ( the price of the Kids soda card).

It's been a real mess dealing with NCL Customer Svc.

My advice.... DO NOT pre-purchase it ! You can buy them onboard as soon as you embark.... same price, and you won't have to worry that it got screwed up by the Shore staff at NCL.

Another note: we also pre-purchased the Teen's Program "Smoothie" book. The bartenders would NOT allow her to get a Smoothie AND a soda at the same time. WHY ? I don't know, we paid for both items and could not get both items.

Tim

When i cruised on Princess, they had a sale at the end of the cruise for their rolling expandable travel bags. Does NCL have something like this?

Also, since i am not familiar with the soda card program, can someone please explain the pros & cons of bringing an insulated mug?

Thanks for the help!

Yes they had the bags $29.00 (I also bought one on Princess) And we brought our own mugs and had no problem getting them filled with the soda sticker on our card.

My husband I also bought the sode card, wouldnt do it again, not worth it.

When you ask for soda they give you a small cup < 8 oz.

If you asked for a refill, I felt that they acted like they were giving me somehting for nothing. Dont even try to get a can of soda.

Not me, I will bring my own on the boat, many do...

WE sailed the Spirit on 8/20 and I ordered the Soda card for me, my 16 YO daughter and my 11 YO son. It was $16.00 total for my son but was $40.25 for me and my daughter( Each). When I got on board, there was a wrist band for my son, and a sticker for my daughter but nothing for me. I tried for 3 days to get my soda sticker to no avail. When I returned I called NCL and explained that I never got my soda sticker and they credited my credit card $16.00 ( the price of the Kids soda card).

It's been a real mess dealing with NCL Customer Svc.

My advice.... DO NOT pre-purchase it ! You can buy them onboard as soon as you embark.... same price, and you won't have to worry that it got screwed up by the Shore staff at NCL.

Another note: we also pre-purchased the Teen's Program "Smoothie" book. The bartenders would NOT allow her to get a Smoothie AND a soda at the same time. WHY ? I don't know, we paid for both items and could not get both items.

Tim

Archived