Wheelchair via Special Needs Group - NCL

ejkmomco

Have any of you out there used Special Needs Group (SNG) to rent a wheelchair for an NCL cruise?

My questions:

1. Were you happy with the wheelchair? We are renting a companion/transfer chair for my mom.

2. I requested picking up at the NCL/SNG kiosk. I understand this kiosk is pretty soon after you go through security. If you did this vs. having it put in your room, was the wheelchair at the kiosk when you checked?

3. My concern is they won't give me a time they will deliver the wheelchair to the kiosk. We plan to be at the port around 11:00am et.

Thank you for any help with this!

If that doesn't work, try Special Needs at Sea. My parents used them and were very happy. It was delivered to the ship and on their cabin when they boarded. When they left, they reminded their room steward and the company claimed it from the ship. It wasn't very expensive either.

Thank you both for your replies. I will try the Disabled group - didn't know one existed.

Baseball Fan - yes, we are using Special Needs Group to rent to wheelchair. An option was to have the chair delivered to my mom's room, but what did you use to get your parents to their room? Did you use NCL's wheelchair? This is why we are having the chair delivered to the NCL kiosk vs. having it delivered to her room - concern about getting her to her room.