Houston/Galveston Questions

Gryphon

Heya,

Just had to change my booking to leave out of Galveston on the Elation on October 31st. We've never been to this area so know little about it.. All my research up to now involved NOLA.. So, Had a few questions

Can anyone reccommend hotels, both in Houston and Galveston?

Can anyone reccommend a shuttle service or something to get between houston and Galveston? I know Carnival offers one that's $33 per person each way, but didn't want to wait on it to fill up or be on someone else's schedule. Apologies for crossposting.

We cruised out of Galveston for the first time last December.

We flew into GB Int'l and road the bus down to the port. It wasn't $33 though.

Coming back, since the drive between Galveston and GB Int'l can be an hour, we decide to have an overnight in Houston. So...we rented a one-way from Enterprise (they have rental cars at the dock). We had NO SURCHARGE for the one day, one way rental to the airport.

We got a GREAT RATE on a room at the Doubletree through Hotwire.com. Since we didn't really care which hotel, we used this great service and got a 4 star hotel in the Galleria area for $62. Once we found out it was the Doubletree, we were very pleased. It's nearly adjacent to the huge Galleria mall so it made it easy for entertainment and dinner.

Hobby airport is closer to the port, but we could not make the flights work.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Our March cruise on the Conquest will now be out of Galveston, so I guess we'll be seeing this port once again!

I did the same ( end of August)renting a car from enterprise--did have to pay $40 drop off. ccl charges $33 one way for the transfer and you have to wait till the bus is full to leave. I pricelined a hotel in houston for $40.- drove to galveston shopped for soda, etc and then returned the car. they want you to drop people and luggage off first before returning the car. the drop off is 3 miles away get directions when u rent the car.

We stayed on the island at Holiday Inn on the Beach. Galveston is about 45 minutes from Houston.

The room was $110, and they have free parking while on the cruise. They also shuttled us to the port and picked us up free. We have reservations for our 10-31 Conquest cruise too....

This weekend will be my second trip out of Galveston

Both time we have used Galveston Limo service this is a van.

From Hoby it is $50.00 round trip per person. They will take you to the hotel and tell you about the sites you go by. When you return they are just outside the ship and will take you back to airport. Very Good Service.

This time we are staying at the Holiday Inn on Sea wall They have a shuttled service very nice hotel and it has a resturant. They are giving us $10.00 per person breakfeast coupon. Last time we did the Hilton it is nice and they also have free shuttle to ship.

On the Seawall their are several nice eating places all with in walking distance.

Landreys has the best seafood and homemade pastires in my opinon. They set right next to the Hilton. There is the Rainforest Cafe and Intl House of Pancakes.

If you go to Gavleston . com they will send you a pamplet and book on Galveston.

I found a good rate at the Ramada Inn Galveston, $56 for the night before the cruise on the Conquest. They said we could park our vehicle at the hotel all week, free of charge. The hotel is only 2 miles from the port, is this going to be safe enough to leave our car, or should we book a more secure lot for the week.

Archived