Royal Princess - 2nd Cruise with Norovirus Outbreak

C-LAD

Apologies if this has already been suggested. I was having surgery following a recent cruise and after online checking felt Zylast XP Antiseptic Lotion was worth a try. I believe it lists Noro as one of the 99.99% of germs it kills. It is lotion not water based and is 'persistent for six hours'. Zylast.com if you want more information. You never know for sure but I remained healthy for what was a successful surgery.

Apologies if this has already been suggested. I was having surgery following a recent cruise and after online checking felt Zylast XP Antiseptic Lotion was worth a try. I believe it lists Noro as one of the 99.99% of germs it kills. It is lotion not water based and is 'persistent for six hours'. Zylast.com if you want more information. You never know for sure but I remained healthy for what was a successful surgery.

I also used the Zylast--both the lotion and the liquid soap. In addition, I got wipes (forget the brand name, sorry) that specifically work against Noro. I wiped down everything in the cabin as soon as we walked in the door, and did the phone, TV remotes, toilet handle and doorknobs daily. We all stayed healthy.

The hand sanitizers do nothing to prevent Noro. They help with bacterial infections, not viruses. I bypassed the hand sanitizer on my recent 15-day Grand cruise because I'm allergic to it. However, I washed my hands thoroughly before going to the buffet or dinner. Washing your hands is far more effective.

The reason why Noro or the flu spreads is because people self-medicate and don't quarantine themselves.

Well said!

I also used the Zylast--both the lotion and the liquid soap. In addition, I got wipes (forget the brand name, sorry) that specifically work against Noro. I wiped down everything in the cabin as soon as we walked in the door, and did the phone, TV remotes, toilet handle and doorknobs daily. We all stayed healthy.

Great suggestion....thank you.

Lucky our cruise was ok! I wondered the same thing though, most people just bypassed without washing their hands. Only once did I notice staff telling passengers to do it but I guess this was because it was the beginning of the cruise perhaps? After that it seemed people just didn't care :mad: