Adventure or Getaway?

bcaha

Trying to decide between the Adventure and the NCL Getaway over the Dec. holidays. We are a family with 3 adult children and possibly others joining us. Have cruised many times on RC, including Adventure, and twice on Princess.

My husband is more interested in the Adventure itinerary (St Thomas, St Croix, Antigua, St Lucia and Grenada) since we have not been to St Croix or Grenada before. I am more interested in the Getaway itinerary (Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and cheaper flights).

On the Adventure we would do 1 balcony and 2 promenade rooms. On the Getaway I'm not sure what we'd book.

Trying to decide before the RC BOGO sale ends. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Trying to decide between the Adventure and the NCL Getaway over the Dec. holidays. We are a family with 3 adult children and possibly others joining us. Have cruised many times on RC, including Adventure, and twice on Princess.

My husband is more interested in the Adventure itinerary (St Thomas, St Croix, Antigua, St Lucia and Grenada) since we have not been to St Croix or Grenada before. I am more interested in the Getaway itinerary (Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and cheaper flights).

On the Adventure we would do 1 balcony and 2 promenade rooms. On the Getaway I'm not sure what we'd book.

Trying to decide before the RC BOGO sale ends. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Cruise agent here..been on both..going on AOS in Nov & we are Diamond on RCI...the Getaway is brand new and has LOTS more options in everything- dining ( 25 options!!), shows, entertainment, bar/lounges, etc...NO comparison in that sense..AOS has had pretty mixed reviews lately on food, looks tired ( she's old, built in 2001..) , and my friends went on her last year and they would never cruise her again they told me- and they are almost Diamond on RCI..conversely, they have taken 2 NCL Breakaway cruises since then and said they were both "fantastic & blew away the AOS in every area"..the Breakaway is a sister ship to the Getaway...I LOVED the new "Waterfront" area on deck 8 on the Getaway, a new concept where you can dine OUTSIDE with views of the sea , or have a drink at bars outside...love the freestyle dining venues Cagney's ( steakhouse) Le Bistro ( French, fabulous!) , Teppanyaki ( Japanese hibachi style steakhouse, lots of fun..), Moderno's ( Brazilian steakhouse, my friend's fav) , & La Cucina ( Italian)..there is also a 24/7 Irish Pub called O'Sheehan's which serves FREE fish & chips, wings, etc..my friends LOVE this place- they were there every night for a quick snack/ bite...the AOS has only an Italian venue- Portifinos or Giovanni's...also, the Getaway has slides, ropes courses, lots more at the pool.. I would choose the Getaway..take the Ultimate Dining package or Beverage package, which is you can dine in ALL specialty venues for FREE or you can drink for free...that is MHO...any questions, let me know...

Big Al

Thank you Big Al - my main concern is the age of the AOS - we sailed on it in 2005. I feel like I will be spending all that money and not be as excited as I should be for a cruise. There is nothing comparable to a promenade room though on the Getaway, is there? thanks

Thank you Big Al - my main concern is the age of the AOS - we sailed on it in 2005. I feel like I will be spending all that money and not be as excited as I should be for a cruise. There is nothing comparable to a promenade room though on the Getaway, is there? thanks

Funny, my wife & I sailed the AOS in May 2005...I don't like promenade cabins because I have a love affair with sea ( read my thread in "cabin selection pics" called "Thanks, cruise ship balcony, a commentary", it has 40,000 hits!), but you are right, there is nothing on the Getaway like a promenade cabin..you should watch some videos on YouTube of the Getaway, you will be impressed..we are only cruising on the AOS this Nov because of 3 reasons: 1) we are Diamond, so we like the perqs..2) We got a JS for only $ 2000, great price...and 3) We have never been to Antigua, St. Croix, St. Lucia, & Grenada ( St. Thomas we have been 10x)....to me, ( only MHO ), there would be NO comparison between the 2 ships- the Getaway is such a cool ship..fireworks show, the dinner show called "Illusionarium" is terrific- it's a dinner show ( surf & turf!) with an illusion/ magic show following..Legally Blonde was terrific also ( show)....also, great deals now with NCL..RCI almost never gives you anything for free...

Big Al