Has This happened to YOU?

Here's what wrong here.

RCCL makes a changes that does not involve TA.

RCCL says talk to your TA to fix it.

It's not TA's problem, TA does not get paid extra to solve RCCL's problem.

RCCL should take care of the problem at the customer's request no questions asked.

TAs get paid very, very little for each booking. After the shake-out that put the days of the 10%+ commission behind them, they are instructed by the Agency Owners to spend as LITTLE time as they can on every booking, and to charge a fee for research and other value-added activities. Then the TA that you think is watching over your booking to avoid surprises leaves the agency and you find out 2 months later when you call.

While it is true that TA's get paid very little commission, it sounds like you had a bad experience with your TA. They are not all like that.

There are plenty of TAs out there that don't charge for research, etc. A good TA is not in it to make alot of money or to work as little as possible. They do it because they enjoy what they are doing and helping the customer is what they enjoy the most.

Oh, and my call was to ask them to fix my birthday, which was entered wrong at booking and I know if it does not match my passport it will cause trouble. Response: You can fix that yourself at the RCCL web site when you do your online checkin. I'll be booking direct next time.

Actually...thats true...it really IS just as easy to do it yourself when you fill out your online documents. However...if someone had asked me to change their birthday, I would have done it...no biggie. :)

Jusr curious here. We have a wrap around aft balcony on our next cruise and do not under any circumstances want to be "upgraded". We booked directly through Royal, so if they want to upgrade us they would call me first right? Since the OP said they went the TA route and was not contacted at all about the upgrade I was curious if Royal would contct me at all either.

If it turns out you can't get your aft back, try not to be upset about it. You will love the JS. Really you will. Get your mind in cruise mode and forget about the disappointments. We have had an aft cabin and didn't like it at all. Like riding backwards in a train to me. Too much sun also. I doubt that helps you but think happy thoughts!:p

I know you guys were on pins and needles waiting to hear how this was resolved (ha ha) I called yesterday and left another long winded message with my travel agent.

I rcvd a mesage this morning from my TA that he called RCI and I have my cabin back as planned. Hubby and I are very happy. I also asked why they would have upgraded us when we didnt have a GTY booking. He said RCL thought they were doing us a favor. They were upgrading and they have no idea we chose a particular cabin.

Anyway, I really appriciate everyone response to my post. It did help me to read everyones input and settle down about it.

Happy Cruising

Susan

I would be jumping up and down if someone took my aft cabin away from me. The only thing that would change me from my D1 aft is a JS or higher AFT cabin. Heck I love the walk.......allows me to eat dessert;) That was what I thought and still needing to lose 5 lbs before our same aft cabin, on the Brilliance, in January. We have already booked JS aft cabins on the Rhapsody in 2007.

Archived