Swiching from X to an agent at Final Payment ?

downundermatt

Sorry if the question has been asked before.

Final Payment is due on my cruise this week -

Having booked thru Celebrity direct I now see an agent is offering the same

inclusions with double the OBC ($600, rather than $300) and the same fare

Am I able to move the booking to the Travel Agent, or will Celebrity match the OBC they are offering ?

Otherwise I suppose its just tough luck

Edited by downundermatt
misspelling

Once you make a reservation directly with Celebrity, you have only a limited amount time to switch the reservation to a TA. Once that period has elapsed then transferring an existing reservation is not permitted except for some very limited or unusual circumstances.

I would suggest that you call Celebrity and find out from them how long you have (or had) from the time you made this reservation.

:):)

The OP has just posted another reason why we nearly always book our cruises with a cruise agent (as opposed to directly with a cruise line). In one recent case when we did book an X cruise with the future cruise office we immediately had it transferred to one of our cruise agents who quickly added pre-paid gratuities to our amenities already received from X. In forty+ years of cruising (on many lines) we have always (and we mean always) been able to save money by using the appropriate cruise agency.

Hank

At the time of booking, we usually do not yet know which TA will be best to use for that particular cruise.

As whitshel stated, you have 60 days from the time of booking a cruise with Celebrity to look around and compare offers before you transfer the booking to whichever TA you eventually decide to use.

We have heard many stories about people who gave their booking directly to a TA initially without bothering to check around, and then regretted it when they found they had missed out on much better deals that others were getting elsewhere.

But the transfer has to be done before final payment.