Family Suites?

Stace894

Was just wondering if anyone with experience with the Family Suite's on NCL (Dawn Specifically) knew if there was any type of sliding/closing partition that could separate, even partially, the space between the bed and the sofa bed/rest of the room? Was considering trying to book one of these to travel with my parents, DH and DS, but not sure how the folks would feel about one large room for everyone. In looking at the floorplan, it looks like there might be something right next to the bed. Even a sliding half-wall would make a difference.

Thanks!

So is the sofa or the bed totally blocked off? It would be great if it's the sofa so we could put my son to bed.

We are sailing in the SD cabin in November and I managed to find some pictures through various threads that have helped me.

(These are not my pictures)

Here you can see the rail on the ground that the barrier is on.

ry%3D400

Here the barrier is partially closed.

ry%3D400

There are curtains at the end the couch and the bed; also on the side on the murphy bed.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I hope this helps. :)

On the Dawn, there is only one curtin and it goes around the bed...the sofa and if you have a cabin with the murphy, do not have a curtin around them...the star has the curtins...we stayed in that on our first suite cruise....that was pretty awesome....

We are sailing in the SD cabin in November and I managed to find some pictures through various threads that have helped me.

(These are not my pictures)

Here you can see the rail on the ground that the barrier is on.

ry%3D400

Here the barrier is partially closed.

ry%3D400

There are curtains at the end the couch and the bed; also on the side on the murphy bed.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I hope this helps. :)

Yes, I am sure there are some pictures and videos out there.

Personally, I would consider the 2BR suite. WAY, WAY more suite.

Thanks so much! This may help a bit to try and convince them. The smaller "bedroom" on the two bedroom suites looks like it would be a bit tight for myself and DH...we are not small people. This looks like it might work better.

Was just wondering if anyone with experience with the Family Suite's on NCL (Dawn Specifically) knew if there was any type of sliding/closing partition that could separate, even partially, the space between the bed and the sofa bed/rest of the room? Was considering trying to book one of these to travel with my parents, DH and DS, but not sure how the folks would feel about one large room for everyone. In looking at the floorplan, it looks like there might be something right next to the bed. Even a sliding half-wall would make a difference.

Thanks!

We stayed in 12018 June 2014 with 4 adults. The murphy bed is like a regular size bed and the sofa folded out but wasn't the most comfortable(ask for a egg crate pad). We are not small people either.

Who would sleep where? How old is DS ?

You might even get the family suite that holds 4 and an inside room across from it. 2 bathrooms and showers that way. But you wouldn't all have suite perks that way.

We loved the family suite but it would have been nicer with 2 bathrooms and showers. Had to wait on our adult daughters too long to get ready to go anywhere.:D