Wine list & Corkage

blitznbobs

Hi all,

Although a seasoned cruiser, I am new to Disney. That's what 2 kids will do for you:). Well my husband has just told me that he has booked us on Disney Wonder next Easter as part of our 40th birthday celebratory trip to the States.

My husband is very into his wine and will bring his own to drink on board. However I am keen to see a wine list (does anyone have one?) as it might dissuade him in the volume he brings.

Also do you know if you can pay corkage and drink your own wine in the main dining room? I can't see any reference to this on the website but it is possible to pay corkage and drink your own wine with dinner?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Hi all,

Although a seasoned cruiser, I am new to Disney. That's what 2 kids will do for you:). Well my husband has just told me that he has booked us on Disney Wonder next Easter as part of our 40th birthday celebratory trip to the States.

My husband is very into his wine and will bring his own to drink on board. However I am keen to see a wine list (does anyone have one?) as it might dissuade him in the volume he brings.

Also do you know if you can pay corkage and drink your own wine in the main dining room? I can't see any reference to this on the website but it is possible to pay corkage and drink your own wine with dinner?

Thanks for your help in advance...

From the DCL website:

Q:May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

A:While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

•Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

•Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

You can find the Wine packages here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/wine-dine-packages/

Edited by Shmoo here

There is a difference between the entire wine list and that which is available in the wine packages. Sorry, I don't know where to find the entire wine list on line, but a little searching might get it. Particularly in Remy, the assortment is very large.

To be honest, whatever wines are available right now may change between this Easter and next.

Your best best is to ask again early next year to get an accurate answer as to what is or isn't currently available but still in time for your cruise and allow you to prepare.

You could also look at some wine delivery services in the Orlando area who you could purchase the wine from and have it delivered to your hotel or accommodation before the cruise instead of having the hassle of bringing it from the UK.

ex techie

To be honest, whatever wines are available right now may change between this Easter and next.

Your best best is to ask again early next year to get an accurate answer as to what is or isn't currently available but still in time for your cruise and allow you to prepare.

You could also look at some wine delivery services in the Orlando area who you could purchase the wine from and have it delivered to your hotel or accommodation before the cruise instead of having the hassle of bringing it from the UK.

ex techie

ABC Liquors in Cocoa Beach used to be willing to deliver to you at the cruise terminal for a $20 delivery charge. I don't know if they are still doing that since the port is charging all commercial vehicles entering the port property (of if they use an unmarked vehicle and come in as a private party).

Coming from the UK, I hope you are coming at least a day before the cruise and could arrange to purchase at any of the many local stores if you wish..or as Techie suggested, have them deliver to your hotel. In addition, if you are using a towncar/limo service to get to the cruise terminal, most include a 15 or 30 minute stop at the store of your choice.

Shmoo has quoted you the DCL policy. Your stateroom host will supply a corkscrew and glasses, or you can get them from any bar tender. In my experience, no one questions you walking around with a single glass of any beverage. And of course, if you purchase a bottle on board, you are welcome to return to your room with that and drink it anywhere you choose.

Also worth mentioning is that any Duty Free item's that are bought onboard from the Duty Free store are not given to you until the last night of your cruise.

HOWEVER, you may buy alcohol on the islands you visit during the cruise and DCL allow you to bring them back onto the ship for your own consumption in your Stateroom.

So if your husband visits a winery, or see's a great bottle he likes, he may purchase that ashore and bring it back on the ship as well and drink it.

(Grand Cayman has different rules and exclusions)

ex techie