Dining Question

haehaehaley

Hey everyone! I just have a quick dining question. I have been on many cruises before but I've never requested anything specific as far as seating goes in the dining room so I'm not sure how to go about it or if they will even grant the request. My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon cruise in August aboard the Carnival Conquest. We are already booked for the early dining time. Can we ask to be seated at a table for 2? Do they have tables for 2? It's not that we care to sit with other people, we really just don't want to get seated with a bunch of children or anything like that. Is this something we should even worry about? Thanks!

You have many choices.

Wait to see what your assigned, and then visit the MD on embarkation day to ask for a change.

Email the MD now with your request.

Or make the request in John Healds blog or FB page a week before your cruise. Keep in mind that waiting will put you behind those people that emailed the MD directly.

Two things I'll add to the conversation. The maître d' is not required to respond to requests emailed prior to the cruise, so you may or may not get a response to that. And even if you do get a table for 2, the tables are so close together that you do not have any privacy. I would use the John Heald route to make your request, especially since it is your honeymoon.

Congratulations on your wedding. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon cruise.

Some people email the MD with success. But they are not required to respond, so you may not hear back.

Some ask JH with success. But once in awhile, the requests fall through the cracks.

You can ask the MD after you board. He'll accommodate you if at all possible.

If you do get your table for two, don't be disappointed. The tables are very close together. It's very hard to have a private conversation...it's more like sitting at a table with others.

Two things I'll add to the conversation. The maître d' is not required to respond to requests emailed prior to the cruise, so you may or may not get a response to that. .

Some people email the MD with success. But they are not required to respond, so you may not hear back.

I'm sorry you two had to experience that.

I have NEVER not gotten a response from the MD. Most often same day, and never later than the next.

I'm sorry you two had to experience that.

I have NEVER not gotten a response from the MD. Most often same day, and never later than the next.

I've never emailed the MD, so I've never experienced it. I've just read many posts of people complaining that the MD didn't respond to an email. JH has said several times that they are not required to respond.

I'm just trying to save some aggravation if the MD does not respond.

I see. Well I guess all I can do is try. There have been times when we have enjoyed the people we've sat with and times when we've had to sit with rowdy kids and it was less than enjoyable haha that's the only reason I even started thinking of the seating arrangements. If the MD doesn't respond we will take our chances and hope for the best. Thank you all for the suggestions and help! We will have a good time either way, I just wasn't sure what our options were.

I see. Well I guess all I can do is try. There have been times when we have enjoyed the people we've sat with and times when we've had to sit with rowdy kids and it was less than enjoyable haha that's the only reason I even started thinking of the seating arrangements. If the MD doesn't respond we will take our chances and hope for the best. Thank you all for the suggestions and help! We will have a good time either way, I just wasn't sure what our options were.

Best to listen to actual experience than here say.