Just back from May 8, 2004 Constellation--latest info.

Harvey, I have enjoyed ready about your trip. Thanks for all the information. Do you have to have a large group to book with Red October and the Berlin tour or can they add you to a group already planned. Thanks Zetnic

We went to st. Petersburg last August and loved our tour with Red October. One suggestion is to take only new unwrinkled U.S. money. They are afraid the bank will not honor the old money. We had to loan someone some cash because they wouldn't take his bills since some of the bills had writing on them.

Zetnic: I think Red October will do a private tour for as few as 2 people. The more people, te lower the cost per person. We had 9 in our group, making it very easy to get into and out of the van.

In Berlin, we had 18 people in a van that held a max of 19. Once again, it was very easy to get in and out and everyone had a nice window view.

I am not sure if they (Red October or Berlin) will add you to an existing group, but keep checking the boards for people on your cruise who are looking to share a tour. Have fun--it's a great cruise.

Shoshona2: They had also told us to use newer bills, but we just used credit cards--an extra 3 % and avoided having to carry cash around with us.

Archived