What's Your Favorite Stateroom and Deck

ArkTraveler82

On the Dream class ships I prefer to sail in cabin 8347 or across the hall in the same location. I like being midship and near the elevator. On Dream being in a balcony on deck 6 or 7 lacks privacy as anyone walking on deck 5 can look up and see what's going on on the balcony. We don't do anything that people couldn't watch, but I just like being able to sit on the balcony and see the water rather than the Promenade deck. I also like being between cabin decks so I don't get the noise from either above or below.

I wouldn't be able to stay in a cove balcony as when I look out at the ocean, the lower the deck, the faster we seem to be going. When I am on a lower deck, even deck 4, it makes me nauseous looking at the water while moving so fast. I know it's weird, but that's what happens to me.

On Conquest class ships I like being near the mid ship elevator on Empress deck, but not near the laundry. I'd choose 7351 or 7352 so I'd be close to the elevators and between cabin decks. We have only had noise one time when we were in a cabin close to the elevator and that's when a large group was traveling together and the first night they came back from partying and felt the need to sing loudly as they walked to their cabins.

Thanks so much for everyone's responses. I've really been enjoying hearing everyone's preferences and why. I've stayed in an inside room, a porthole room, an ocean view and our first balcony room last Sept. I have to say, I loved the balcony. This Oct will be our first aft - view balcony so we'll see how it compares. But as someone else said, as long as I'm cruising, it's all good!!!

I wouldn't be able to stay in a cove balcony as when I look out at the ocean, the lower the deck, the faster we seem to be going. When I am on a lower deck, even deck 4, it makes me nauseous looking at the water while moving so fast. I know it's weird, but that's what happens to me.

Hmmmm, that's an interesting thought. My husband is prone to motion sickness but has done great on our cruises so far. However, you have a point about being so close to the water while moving fast. I'm going to test that scenario on hubby during our next cruise before booking a cove. Thanks for the tip!

Well we weren't in our cabin enough to enjoy the balcony room on one of our cruises, I've always preferred OV on Riviera Deck to avoid being sick. But this upcoming cruise we have a Scenic OV on the Lido so we'll see how that goes. And then our first aft balcony on the cruise after that. So after all of those we'll see what our favorite is at that point. :)

I like, on the Fantasy-Class ships, Empress Deck and as far back as possible, nobody ever has to walk and the only thing above you is the dining room, which I never found to be loud at all. We had that on my Fascination cruise and were hoping to get get same on our last one, but settled for an ocean view because of the price.