2 Old Ladies Booked with Insurance...BUT.....

Karaoke_Nadine

My MIL and her friend are booked into the cabin next to us for our April 4 sailing on Divina. They each bought travel insurance just in case one can't go. Well, my MIL is also having passport issues and doesn't have a birth certificate (one was never made for her in 1936). We are working diligently on this.

So, if one can't go, can the other still go? Will the cruise line still be paid for the double occupancy from the insurance we purchased?

Hmmmm 23 more days til sailing.

You will need to check the terms of the insurance policy. No one here can comment on that without access to terms and conditions of the policy bought and what it actually covers.

I'd be surprised if he did cover the other half of the cost, after all this is not an unforeseen event like illness. You need documents to travel outside the USA d not having it should have been sorted. It is not like a situation like a lost or stolen passport, which travel insurance policies generally cover.

MSC won't care if one person turns up instead of 2 as long as the cabin has been paid in full.

Hopefully you'll be able to get something sorted out so she can still go.

To add to what AmoMondo has replied; if they booked a Fantastica experience and the official documents for your friend fail to materialise, perhaps someone could go in their place so as not to lose out. From the MSC website:

Make use of the freedom to change your booking details if necessary, such as guest names and departure dates: even cancellation is flexible.

There are T&Cs to this so they'd have to be checked into, too.

Thanks for the info....I will be looking into the policy in depth.

Fingers crossed she gets on the boat. Still waiting for docs to be made....(a delayed birth certificate is being created for her).

Best of luck - hope it all works out and you have a fantastic cruise!

Go to T.J.Max for a great bathing suit.

Bought one in Palm Dessert for 19.95.

With skirt had great comments on my last cruise.

Palm Desert??? Do you live in California? We do. We actually have a time share at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert.

Just bought a nice bathing suit at Sam's Club. Really good price. TJMaxx is one of my favorite stores too.