Early Saver Question

AnnaNimitee

I'm sure this has been asked (many times) before, but hoping someone will be kind enough to answer.

We have an OV cabin booked under early saver. The "Exclusive Past Guest Sale" shows a rate that's $40 higher than the ES rate, but it includes $50 OBC. That sounds like ten bucks to me. Of course, my price protection submission was denied. Anybody have any luck with a situation like this where the OBC results in a technically lower fare?

I did the same thing, and had to call them to get the price drop. Just make sure that your taxes and port fees didn't also increase. I have submitted multiple price drops in the last few months on our two cabins that we have booked early saver.

When I submitted the first ones the taxes and port fees had increased so it was actually just a few dollars less and my price drop was denied. After I called and went thru it with them and pointed out that even though part of it had increased I still had an overall savings, they approved it and I got the new price.

Since then I have had several other reductions and now have over $100 per person in on board credit for the five of us.

Good luck!

I did the same thing, and had to call them to get the price drop. Just make sure that your taxes and port fees didn't also increase. I have submitted multiple price drops in the last few months on our two cabins that we have booked early saver.

When I submitted the first ones the taxes and port fees had increased so it was actually just a few dollars less and my price drop was denied. After I called and went thru it with them and pointed out that even though part of it had increased I still had an overall savings, they approved it and I got the new price.

Since then I have had several other reductions and now have over $100 per person in on board credit for the five of us.

Good luck!

Congrats on your success with the price drops, and thanks for responding. Guess I'll have to pick up the phone and walk them through it :rolleyes:

You'd think they'd have a little better system in place for the price protection verifications, given they're pushing the online submission (vs. calling) so hard.

The price for my daughters upcoming cruise on the Valor went down 150 called and was denied because she is getting $50 OBC, never will get another OBC deal again.

I would call them again. Yes, she would lose the $50 OBC but it will still be a $100 reduction in total price. Was this booked Early Saver? If not, then you're probably out of luck.