Grand Suite upgrade?

Bella8286

Contacted by Carnival about upgrading from an OV cabin to a grand suite for $400 total. We sail on the Sensation 3 nighter in April. I paid almost $1100 for four of us and the going rate for a grand suite today would be $1900.

We've never stayed in one and the $400 would roughly be our spending money on the cruise so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra??

Contacted by Carnival about upgrading from an OV cabin to a grand suite for $400 total. We sail on the Sensation 3 nighter in April. I paid almost $1100 for four of us and the going rate for a grand suite today would be $1900.

We've never stayed in one and the $400 would roughly be our spending money on the cruise so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra??

not a chance.... carnival gives little extra perks for suites and no distinction between grand suit and regular ocean view

I have to disagree. Four in an oceanview is very tight. I just got off the Ecstasy and stayed in a grand suite. Loved the space.

And I would assume you now have a balcony with the grand suite.

If I read your post correctly, it's an extra $100 a person - to me I'd pay that.

Cruise Pix.pdf

JMHO, but the main reason for me to sail on the Sensation would be for its cheap prices on a quick getaway. Paying another $400 would completely defeat the main reason to take that cruise.

For the price of a Grand Suite on the Sensation, I can take my family of 4 on a longer cruise, or on a nicer ship.

I got the same call for my April 2nd cruise on the Sensation. I have to say that I definately gave it some thought considering its my wife and I and our two teenage daughters. However, I figured the $400 could go a long way to paying my onboard expenses!