where is the sunshine

dukenmelo

Does anybody know why the sunshine doesn't show booking options after April 2016? We were hoping to sail on it next fall. Thanks:)

It is being relocated. Since its new port has not been announced yet, they cannot post any itineraries or bookings.

I heard that it will be relocating to Charleston but that is only hearsay.

Thank you!

You are welcome.

Do you read John Heald's FB page? He usually posts the info or you can go to Carnival.com on Mar 23 and the info will be there on the homepage.

Also, someone will probably post it here on CC as soon as the announcements have been made.

Yesterday I noticed the Carnival Sunshine was doing a couple of figure eights in the ocean yesterday. I found this very UNUSUAL! Then the sunshine pulled in to Nassau (unscheduled) but didn't stay very long. I think it was only there a little over an hour. Does anyone know what happened yesterday with the Sunshine? When you look at the track of this ship I'm thinking something must have went wrong somewhere. Also, I haven't been able to get the latest location so who knows where it is now?? I'm just curious. http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:368198/oldmmsi:308017000/olddate:lastknown#

Yesterday I noticed the Carnival Sunshine was doing a couple of figure eights in the ocean yesterday. I found this very UNUSUAL! Then the sunshine pulled in to Nassau (unscheduled) but didn't stay very long. I think it was only there a little over an hour. Does anyone know what happened yesterday with the Sunshine? When you look at the track of this ship I'm thinking something must have went wrong somewhere. Also, I haven't been able to get the latest location so who knows where it is now?? I'm just curious. http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:368198/oldmmsi:308017000/olddate:lastknown#

Could there have been a medical emergency? Needed to drop someone off in Nassau?

The following was a story posted by Charleston's local ABC News affiliate the other day. Looks like Sunshine will be departing from NY, Norfolk, and Charleston at different times next year then returns to PC.

"Carnival announces new cruise ship to depart from Charleston

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

Updated: Mar 16, 2015 1:31 PM EDT

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Charleston's port will be letting the Sunshine in - The Carnival Sunshine will start departing from the Holy City in 2016, but only for a limited time.

According to a release from Carnival Cruises, the Carnival Sunshine will be offering trips to the Bahamas beginning next year.

The Sunshine will sail to Nassau and Freeport. It will also take a 10-day Carnival Journeys cruise stopping at St. Thomas, Antigua, Martinique, St. Kitts and San Juan.

The 10-day cruise will feature seminars focusing on photography, cooking, arts and crafts, social media and celestial navigation, along with a 1980's-themed “Throwback Sea Day."

After a brief tenure in New York, Charleston and Norfolk, the Sunshine will return to its homeport of Port Canaveral, FL in November 2016.

“Carnival Sunshine has an extraordinary array of guest features and facilities and will provide consumers and our valued travel agent partners with a wide range of itinerary choices from these highly attractive East Coast homeports,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival's president.

Some of the amenities on the Sunshine include a 3-deck-high adults-only area with its own pool and waterfall, an aqua park boasting the longest slide in the fleet, and an outdoor recreation area with a suspended ropes course.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com. Information on Carnival Journeys is available at www.carnival.com/journeys."

I was on the Sunshine. There was a medical emergency on board. We had to go back to Nassau to drop off someone. The port was full with several other ships, so we had to wait until a spot opened up for us. We went in, dropped off the person and his family, and went back out to sea.

I can't find any sailings between May 8 and 21 when it leaves from Charleston in 2016. Is a dry dock scheduled?

You are Right about the schedule ?? The Carnival Sunshine is Scheduled for a 9 Day April 29, 2016 Eastern Caribbean Itinerary...then the next scheduled is ... Carnival Sunshine is Scheduled for a 5 Day May 21, 2016 Bahamas Itinerary. :):):):)

The Carnival Sunshine Fact Sheet doesn't show a Refurb though

Edited by cruiseclues