Suite & Interior - Family of 8 - can we switch passengers once onboard?

Ok so we are a family of 8 - with 5 kids ranging from 6-18. I am looking to book a Thanksgiving cruise next year on the Star for all of us and my oldest will be 19. Because of the sweet promotion, we want to book a Family Suite and then an Interior on the same deck. From what I am reading, I won't be able to book my 19 year old and 15 year old in the interior right across the hall without an adult?

I want to be able to take advantage of the Ultimate Beverage and Dining for both adults booked into the suite. From what I understand I have to be on the interior booking....but can I switch once onboard to take advantage of the perks?

I want to be able to take advantage of the Ultimate Beverage and Dining for both adults booked into the suite. From what I understand I have to be on the interior booking....but can I switch once onboard to take advantage of the perks?

You can switch people around on board but the promotional perks will remain assigned to each person according to the original booking. Many people have asked about transferring the perks from one passenger to another, but I don't think a single person has come back saying that they were able to do it. As the terms of the promotion say: "Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer."

Have a look at the following recent thread:

Need Some Help from the Experienced

Technically, they could put in a bogus birthdate for one of your children to make it appear that they are over 21. That way you could remain as passenger 1 or 2 in the suite and get all the perks. This is a blatant violation of their policy, so I wouldn't expect to them to do it, but I guess you can ask.

As an FYI on the Star, the doors to the interior rooms aren't across from the doors of the family suites if that makes any difference. There is an interior hallway for those inside rooms.

I'd have to add that I'm not 100% sure about those inside rooms on the port side. The ones on the starboard side used the inside hallway.

Hi,

You can book your 19 and 15 in their own room, if it's within 3 rooms of yours or across the hall.

I traveled alone with my 3 kids and booked by 13 and 10 year old in the adjoining balcony and myself and 8 year old in the other balcony.

The only "glitch" we had was we could not do online check in, but this was no issue, it was no big deal, we just checked in at the pier, the porters still took our bags, etc. with no issue

A 19 year old isn't considered an adult?
For NCL, a 19 year old is a "young adult":
What are Norwegian Cruise Line's Age Requirements?

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

You cannot put the bogus birthdate unless the rooms are connecting.

Sure, you can book it and pay for it, but when you go to the port to check in and your ID does not match what is on the ressie

Well, you will be out of luck .

If you could put fake birthdates the. Everyone would be doing it- "oh , look- I am 26 . I can have the UBP!"

" sure, my 21 year old just LOOKS like he is 12....."

The bogus birthdate on connecting a is NOT used to cheat the system .

The policy allows for children under 21 to be booked in to a connecting cabin with their parents/ guardians in the other cabin.

The bogus BD is only because the computer does not accept a booking unless here is a 21 year old in the cabin.

IT must be changed prior to completing check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can book your 19 and 15 in their own room, if it's within 3 rooms of yours or across the hall.

I traveled alone with my 3 kids and booked by 13 and 10 year old in the adjoining balcony and myself and 8 year old in the other balcony.

Do you mean adjoining as in a door connecting the two cabins from the inside? Because that is allowed by NCL policy. They don't say "within 3 rooms or across the hall", although if they allow this unofficially, it would solve the OP's problem.