family dining question...

perferd

If I have a family of 5 but get a room for 4 and put one of my kids names on a friends or families room can we still eat as a family?

My 3rd kid would still be staying with us the whole time just didn't know if because we are in a room of 4 does that mean dining is for 4 also...

Hope that makes sense...

If I have a family of 5 but get a room for 4 and put one of my kids names on a friends or families room can we still eat as a family?

My 3rd kid would still be staying with us the whole time just didn't know if because we are in a room of 4 does that mean dining is for 4 also...

Hope that makes sense...

I believe you would have link reservations with that room. But, then both rooms would be seated together, if that's what you want.

I'm not sure how it would work, unless you link them.

Also, be aware, that your 3rd child must attend the muster drill for the room he/she is registered in, not yours.

Dining is set up by stateroom. I trust you are not dining with the family who has your child booked in their room?

If you are dining together, (have cross references or linked your reservations for dining), there is no problem. If you are NOT dining together but want your child assigned to dine with you, the easiest thing is to wait till you board the ship. Then go to the location listed on the Navigator for "Dining Changes," and explain to the head servers there that you need to add your other child to your table. They can take care of it for you at that time. This is FAR easier than trying to get it done thru shoreside.

You should be aware that the child's muster station will be in the room where he/she is booked also. This is only an issue for the few minutes of the muster drill, but for that, the child needs to go with the family with whom he is booked. In the rare event of an actual emergency, they will attempt to keep you together with all your children. Don't even go into that now!

Also, the child's tips will be charged to the room in which he is booked. You'll either need to place a credit card on his KTTW card to cover those or go to GS and pay them yourself....or reimburse the family booked in that cabin. Easiest--attach your credit card to his account.

Edited by moki'smommy

Not only will his muster station be with his "host" family, his life vest will be in their stateroom. Doesn't matter until you need it.

Stateroom host will place an appropriate sized vest in your stateroom upon request. Just remember to ask for it on day 1. And there are containers of all sizes of vests stored near the lifeboats since it is quite possible that all will not be able to return to their staterooms to obtain theirs.

There is 100% Guest lifejacket redundancy stored in lockers in and around deck 4.

If a real emergency were to happen when Guests are not likely to be in their Staterooms, they will be directed to go straight to their emergency station, not back to their Stateroom first.

ex techie