Confused UBP gratuity

cage keeper

After reading a review I have a couple of questions. When we paid for the UBP it was 54. per day and gratuity that brought it to 63.71 per day. Does this mean we will not have the gratuity added to our drinks? Those that got the free UBP have the gratuity added to every drink? What happens when we go over the $54.00 mark. Does this mean the server doesn't get a tip? We always leave extra anyway but maybe I should leave more when we get to this point?

After reading a review I have a couple of questions. When we paid for the UBP it was 54. per day and gratuity that brought it to 63.71 per day. Does this mean we will not have the gratuity added to our drinks? Those that got the free UBP have the gratuity added to every drink?
No, no one with the UBP (either purchased or promotional) has any extra gratuity to pay. You paid it already (or NCL is paying it for you).

What happens when we go over the $54.00 mark. Does this mean the server doesn't get a tip?

Good question, but nobody knows the answer. Maybe they are tipped normally as if you were paying drink by drink, maybe there is a special system for tipping on UBP orders. Maybe they are no longer tipped after you go over the cost of the UBP (but it's not like a they make you wear a big hat that says "broke even!" for the rest of the cruise). You can leave additional tips if you like; of course this is not obligatory.

After reading a review I have a couple of questions. When we paid for the UBP it was 54. per day and gratuity that brought it to 63.71 per day. Does this mean we will not have the gratuity added to our drinks? Those that got the free UBP have the gratuity added to every drink? What happens when we go over the $54.00 mark. Does this mean the server doesn't get a tip? We always leave extra anyway but maybe I should leave more when we get to this point?

The grat is now 18% but it is included in UBP that is being given away. I am still planning on tipping extra since we are not having to pay for it so the employees might as well benefit from our savings.

Dave

no, no one with the ubp (either purchased or promotional) has any extra gratuity to pay. You paid it already (or ncl is paying it for you).good question, but nobody knows the answer. Maybe they are tipped normally as if you were paying drink by drink, maybe there is a special system for tipping on ubp orders. Maybe they are no longer tipped after you go over the cost of the ubp (but it's not like a they make you wear a big hat that says "broke even!" for the rest of the cruise). You can leave additional tips if you like; of course this is not obligatory.

rotfl.