Celebration in 2weeks time.

Please can someone re-assure me. We have had this holiday to the Caribbean booked for about a year now. But having read the 'decided to cancel' thread I am really worried. To be honest, I chose it on the basis of just one sea day per week, and I know that we have enjoyed the Celebration in the past. we have paid a lot for this, our choice, but I will be expecting a good holiday for it.

if anyone has just come off and has lots/any positives to share I would love to read about it.

Sweby

Got back 3 weeks ago and loved the Celeb. Can only compare to the Dream which was 2 years ago but enjoyed the food and crew just as much. Had an inside cabin on deck 4 which was plenty big enough with a decent bathroom if you can resist pulling the curtains to see out of the non-existent porthole :) Very good singer/guitarist called Benjamin Moss, steel drummer whose name I forget but who was very good and a comedian about who we had very good reports.

Go and enjoy yourself. We haven't been on Celebration yet, go in April when she gets back to Tenerife, but that itinerary you are booked on is fantastic, and we did all but one of your ports on the Dream over the last 2 years, and I am sure you will love your cruise. We want to go back to a Barbados cruise next year.

Are there fridges in the inside and outside cabins? Brochure only mentions minibar for deluxe and above?

I don't think there are fridges in the standard cabins....but the cabin attendant will fill an ice bucket for you. On Spirit (Celebration's sister ship) on Deck 3, in an L-shaped bed cabin there was a flip top box in the corner with holes in the shelf to place bottles. Someone elsewhere said it was a cooler. Don't know about that, but it was handy to store bottles if there isn't a fridge and a little bit cooler than the main cabin.

We had 2 weeks in February, booked last minute. We had a great time, the ship is much better than the last time we were on. The cabins have been refurbished, along with the bathroom which was nice and modern with none of the plastic fittings as before and plenty of storage in the bathroom cabinet. We only ate in the self-service but the menu's and standard of food were the best we have had on any ship. For the first time ever we had no trouble in getting seats when we dined. With the sports deck being turned over to sun beds we also had no trouble in getting one. The famous tremor was not in evidence this time either. The staff were extremely friendly and our cabin steward, Rashid, on deck 3 was the best ever. We always got seated at the shows but you do need to be in good time and not arrive after the show starts. If you can go on the submarine trip in Barbados on the last morning, what a fantastic experience that was and it has been the envy of everyone we know. Well worth the money for a trip of a lifetime.:)

Jan

Lovely to see you posting again. Have thought about you a lot over the last few months. Hope you are well. Jan:)

Hi Jan, I'm fine thanks. Just coming out of winter hibernation. Scary thought that the Tunisian attack was on people on a cruise ship trip.

Jan

Thank you for some positive comments about the Celebration. I am sure we will have a great time. I know people talk about the crew being friendly, but we have always found that with the passengers as well. So I am sure we will enjoy it.

Sweby