123Go Classic (Alcoholic) Package and non-drinker

luv2trvl6

The best quality coffees, and perhaps they only place to get the real fancy coffees (beyond the basic espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc), is the Café al Bacio as it is a true full service coffee bar (as well as a full bar).

Ok, thank you all for responding. The ship's not that big so heading to Café al Bacio isn't a big deal. :)

Classic (Alcoholic) Package for passengers 1 & 2 is part of the 123Go offer with our upcoming cruise. However, I don't drink and the other passenger is younger than 18.

We really want latte, mocha, virgin cocktails, and smoothies. .

As others have said, you are all set with your Classic Alcohol package. However, your under-21 guest will be given, as I understand it, the Classic Non-Alcohol package and would have to upgrade at a cost of about $4/day to the Premium NA package to get the FULL range of coffee drinks, the smoothies, and virgin cocktails. The Classic NA package covers soda (it says fountain but I don't believe there actually is fountain soda; just canned. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, and Orange Fanta, and Seagram's Ginger Ale), some canned Arizona iced teas, and "juices," but there aren't bottled or canned juices--this seems to mean whatever juice they keep at the bar, like cranberry, orange, or grapefruit. It also covers the PREMIUM coffees but not the SPECIALTY coffees. The difference seems to be that the premium coffees are the hot drinks and the specialty coffees include the ones with alcohol (obviously not covered) and the frappucino-type drinks, including the iglu (with ice cream). I think it's pretty limited, to be honest, and I think it's ridiculous that the under-21 passengers aren't given the premium NA package as part of the 1-2-3 promotion instead of the classic. I know that's a silly grumble but it just doesn't make sense to me!

As others have said, you are all set with your Classic Alcohol package. However, your under-21 guest will be given, as I understand it, the Classic Non-Alcohol package and would have to upgrade at a cost of about $4/day to the Premium NA package to get the FULL range of coffee drinks, the smoothies, and virgin cocktails. The Classic NA package covers soda (it says fountain but I don't believe there actually is fountain soda; just canned. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, and Orange Fanta, and Seagram's Ginger Ale), some canned Arizona iced teas, and "juices," but there aren't bottled or canned juices--this seems to mean whatever juice they keep at the bar, like cranberry, orange, or grapefruit. It also covers the PREMIUM coffees but not the SPECIALTY coffees. The difference seems to be that the premium coffees are the hot drinks and the specialty coffees include the ones with alcohol (obviously not covered) and the frappucino-type drinks, including the iglu (with ice cream). I think it's pretty limited, to be honest, and I think it's ridiculous that the under-21 passengers aren't given the premium NA package as part of the 1-2-3 promotion instead of the classic. I know that's a silly grumble but it just doesn't make sense to me!

It is weird that under 21 can't get the premium non alcoholic pkg. I agree with you! We are traveling in a couple weeks with our teens and they have always gotten the classic as their 123Go promo. Since they like virgin dacquiris, smoothies, special drinks, etc, we always upgrade. Fortunately the cost is pretty minimal.

I "upgraded" to premium non-alcoholic prior to our cruise, because we don't drink alcohol, or really any mocktails, but we do drink lots of Perrier, Pellegrino, Evian, and Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks, which were not included in the basic package.

Can you just swap from the classic alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol or do you have to pay for the "upgrade"? I am not really a drinker and just have an occasional glass of wine, which I can get at the Elite happy hour, but I drink lots of espresso-based coffees and premium waters. The classic drinks package gives me a vast selection of alcoholic drinks to choose from - but I can't get a bottle of Perrier or Pellegrino. I wouldn't pay extra just to get the brands of water I prefer, but if I can do a straight swap, that would be perfect for me.:)

Edited by Suzy Smith

Some people have reported that if you go to Guest Services straight away, before anything's been charged to the card, you may be able to switch to the Premium NA. You can't do it ahead of time. Who knows why.

One can always try on board. All they can say is no. We asked and were told no. For the minimal upcharge we just used OBC and didn't fight it.

I think it's a little bummer that with the $50/night classic beverage package if you have a under-21 in the room with you (my child) they only get the classic non-alchoholic and not the premium N/A. We're talking about a $4/day upgrade, when they are saving $30/day on the N/A package. I don't mind paying the $4/day for him to have smoothies, but still. Throw in the premium if the other person is under 18.

I "upgraded" to premium non-alcoholic prior to our cruise, because we don't drink alcohol, or really any mocktails, but we do drink lots of Perrier, Pellegrino, Evian, and Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks, which were not included in the basic package.

Greensuz - Glad that you had such a wonderful time in cabin 2109 that we both used (different cruises :eek::D;)) on the Reflection.

When you say you "upgraded", are you trying to say that you converted your Classic Alcohol package perk from a 123GO promotion to a Premium Non-Alcohol package?

There have been many reports here about having challenges and little (if any) success doing this pre-cruise, but some levels of success doing this once on the ship at guest services. Would you elaborate further on this point for how you converted to the Premium Non-Alcohol Package for the benefit of others since this thread from the OP could benefit from this. Thanks!