Getaway - Port Arrival - Suggestions?

mjdolce

Quick question here. Most of the reviews and comments I have read here regarding what time to get to the port have been people trying to get in the first boarding groups in order to get onboard as early as possible, in many cases to secure Vibe passes. I'm not going to be trying for those, so what I'd like to do is arrive at the port where there will be the least waiting around time. Any thoughts on what would be a good time to arrive?

(And if the answer is it doesn't really matter, you're going to have an hour or more waiting from the time you check-in to the time you board, that's fine too, just would like to know that in advance.)

Thanks for your suggestions!

I've never boarded in Miami, but my experience elsewhere has been that you want to turn up early or late to avoid the crowds.

By early, I mean in the morning, but not necessarily at 10am, if you aren't after passes.

We usually turn up at around 11. You need to wait for boarding, but at least you aren't spending ages in queues. It's much nicer to find a seat and flick though the daily if they are giving them out.

My DW and I have not sailed out of Miami, but we have done FLL a bunch. we usually get there around 10am and get on the boat very quickly.

we are sailing on getaway in July and want to get Vibe passes so we wanna get there as early as possible to get those.

GETTING on Getaway next week. What are Vibe passes?......Never gone out of port of Miami..usually Fort Lauderdale.....worried about alot of traffic......is getting there difficult and tons of traffic??

Yes, Miami has a lot of traffic. Especially if you come through downtown. Where are you coming from and are you staying the night?

Edited by Mirrasi

I'm flying in from Toronto to Miami Intl. at about 11:30, would that be too late? :confused: and what's the best method of transportation to take to the port from there for a family of 5? Thanks !

Just returned from Getaway. Our flight arrived at MIA at 10:40am. By the time we collected our luggage and made our way to the ship it was around 11:30am. We went to the Latitudes check in line(which was much shorter) than the regular line. We waited maybe 5-10 mins and were up eating lunch at the buffet by Noon. This was the fastest/shortest check in we have experienced.

My wife and I don't care about being on board super early but do want to be on board early enough to make a sit down lunch at whatever mdr is open for it. Anyone have any recommendations as to what time we should get to the pier by? Anyone konw when they stop serving lunch in the mdr?