Question about UDP for kids. TA & NCL can't answer

rydan

We will be sailing in a few months and we chose the UDP as our free amenity.

However, it clearly states my kids will also receive the package, but is listed as child UPD on the invoice.

Anyone have experience with this plan with kids? Not sure if they have a special menu for kids, that is not just the same selections as the free restaurants.

Thank you.

There is a free kids' menu available and also they can order from the regular menu, which is normally half-price for 'paying guests'. They can order from the regular menu for no additional charge with the UDP.

We will be sailing in a few months and we chose the UDP as our free amenity.

However, it clearly states my kids will also receive the package, but is listed as child UPD on the invoice.

Anyone have experience with this plan with kids? Not sure if they have a special menu for kids, that is not just the same selections as the free restaurants.

Thank you.

If you choose the UDP as part of the package EVERYONE in the room gets it. This applies to children as well even though there is no kids UDP. They can eat of the specialty menu at no extra cost. There is also a kids menu if the specialty menu does no appeal to them.

6&8

Is this your TA's invoice or something from NCL? Ask your TA to ask NCL for the Amenity Invoice for your booking. I would be surprised to see "Child UDP" on that document, since NCL does not offer a child UDP, as sixesandeights said, and the terms of the wave promo do not make any distinction between children and adults if you choose the dining package perk.

Your kids will have the regular UDP (but they can order from the children's menus in the specialty restaurants if they prefer).

We were just on the getaway. There was no speciality kids menu, we went to all the restaurants except ocean blue

It was adults menu or reg kids menu

With UDP they can order from either. My kids sometimes did a combo - appetizer from specialty, entree from kids menu and specialty dessert.

We were just on the getaway. There was no speciality kids menu, we went to all the restaurants except ocean blue

It was adults menu or reg kids menu

With UDP they can order from either. My kids sometimes did a combo - appetizer from specialty, entree from kids menu and specialty dessert.

Thanks! Good to know that the kids can do that. DD loves the pizza from the kids menu so she probably order pizza anywhere we go.

But since she has UDP she can try out other things from the specialty menu as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be surprised to see "Child UDP" on that document, since NCL does not offer a child UDP, as sixesandeights said, and the terms of the wave promo do not make any distinction between children and adults if you choose the dining package perk.

Surprise! ;)

On our Amenity Invoice for a cruise that was booked in December during Freestyle Choice, each of the kids has item number DINCHL with description Child's Dining Plan. It makes sense that they needed to create a child's amenity for this promotion, in order to facilitate waiving the usual 1/2 cover charge.

On our Amenity Invoice for a cruise that was booked in December during Freestyle Choice, each of the kids has item number DINCHL with description Child's Dining Plan. It makes sense that they needed to create a child's amenity for this promotion, in order to facilitate waiving the usual 1/2 cover charge.

If it has a distinct amenity identifier, it could have a different content from the adult UDP perk. But I still think it would be wrong of NCL to put restrictions on the child's plan that are not explicitly laid out in the promotion's T&C. So I would be surprised if they were doing that. :p

We have watched quite a few children eat in Specialty restaurants, and combine menus. I smile every time I watch a child order the cheesecake at Cagney's (huge) and the mac n cheese! It is very popular! One night, this sweet boy at a table next to us ordered double mac-n-cheese and a shrimp cocktail I think. Looked like a good meal to me! :)

Is this your TA's invoice or something from NCL? Ask your TA to ask NCL for the Amenity Invoice for your booking. I would be surprised to see "Child UDP" on that document, since NCL does not offer a child UDP, as sixesandeights said, and the terms of the wave promo do not make any distinction between children and adults if you choose the dining package perk.

Your kids will have the regular UDP (but they can order from the children's menus in the specialty restaurants if they prefer).

We just booked and our invoice says the same thing for our son who will be 9 at the time of sailing. Our 13 and 15 yr old had the Adult UDP where our 9yr old says Child UDP. But they way it was explained by our cruise consultant was that it has no restrictions as far as what he can eat.