Sudden upgrade

Hello all.

Maybe I'm missing something, I have booked a Thomson canary island cruise for December this year, when I booked it was advertised as 'Full Board' basis, not being a big drinker I did not concern myself with drinks packages.

Today I received my full confirmation by email and it states quite clearly

Board basis 'All Inclusive' ??

I'm reluctant to check this with Thomson for obvious reasons.

Any thoughts anyone. thanks in advance for help from you professionals

Terry (new member)

When the cruises come out the AI is generally free and later has a charge added, so perhaps you booked when the Drinks package was still free.

It would be helpful if you said how long ago you booked the cruise and whether you booked through a travel agent or online.

It does look, though, as if you do have the drinks package included.

I just did a mock booking and the drinks package is free. It has already been selected for you as it is free so perhaps you didn't notice.

What an amazing price! You got yourself a bargain. You can always buy nice teas and coffees in the coffee bar, have some wine with dinner and soft drinks if you don't drink much and it is all free :D

I just did a mock booking and the drinks package is free. It has already been selected for you as it is free so perhaps you didn't notice.

What an amazing price! You got yourself a bargain. You can always buy nice teas and coffees in the coffee bar, have some wine with dinner and soft drinks if you don't drink much and it is all free :D

I too did a quick mock booking and you are right that is an amazing price... 8th Dec' return flights from Gatwick lowest price inside room Thom's Majesty 7 nights £1,212 including AI for two :eek:

Edited by Stevio

What a great bunch of people, glad I joined.

And just ask too if you want any ideas about trips or DiY at your ports of call. There's always lots of advice available on here should you want it.

Cruising seems full of 'unknowns' before you start but you will be amazed at how quickly everything falls into place (once checked-in, the organisation is very slick) and you will feel like an 'old hand'.

Enjoy your cruise - I'm sure you will be blown away by the experience - and be keen to book the next one! :) Happy cruising.

I've always found when I've asked anything on this forum about various places and excursions have always been answered quickly and with some great ideas. So don't worry about asking questions I've asked some classics in my time. ;)

Oh I will, shy I am not :D

Cheers

Have a great cruise, and most important, enjoy yourself.

We are one big family here on Cruise Critic, and always help each other.

Keep asking the questions

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn loves helping others

So looking forward to it, will post a review on my return, just as I am booking next one, lol

Thanks again to you all for the encouraging comments.

All the best

Terry

As Dave does not seem to be around at the moment can I say that is advisable to avoid the single cabins on Spirit and Celebration as they are low down at the back of the ship and are very noisy with the engines and the constant passing by of crew to and from their quarters.

I had a single outside on the Majesty last summer - I was on deck 9 and it was fine, 2 single beds but lots of room for one. Towards the back of the ship made it all the easier to get to the buffet in the morning :D.

I've cruised lots on my own and met loads of nice people and the Majesty was no exception, so I'm sure if you'll have a great time.

As Dave does not seem to be around at the moment can I say that is advisable to avoid the single cabins on Spirit and Celebration as they are low down at the back of the ship and are very noisy with the engines and the constant passing by of crew to and from their quarters.

I am still here ;)

Yes, i would not recommend Celebration/Spirit cabins and the ones i have tried on Majesty/Dream have been OK