Atlantis Aquaventure Question

JC5240

Hi All!

I apologize if this is a repeated question...I searched the boards, and didn't find anything that answered.

We will be arriving in Nassau on NCL Getaway May 1st 2015. We originally were going to be there from 10am - 6pm, but there are rumors circling that there is an itinerary change from 12pm - 7pm.

My questions are:

1. If the rumors about the itinerary changes are correct, do you think that will be enough time to enjoy the park? I'm assuming we will not get to Atlantis until around 1pm, and will probably have to leave around 5:30/6pm (we booked the excursion through the ship, so transportation is included).

2. Is this considered peak season?

3. Is this considered summer months? If so, the hours for the pool is dusk, and the slides are 7pm (from what I've read)...is this true?

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! :)

Edited by JC5240

• 1 month later...

I am wondering the same and hoping you get a response even though its been a while since you posted. We are on the Getaway in July and trying to decide if we should just fork over the $ and do it anyway even though it's a shorter stay in port and we know it's a lot of $. We have been to Nassau 2 previous times and never done Atlantis, so had planned on it before the itinerary times changed.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All!

I apologize if this is a repeated question...I searched the boards, and didn't find anything that answered.

We will be arriving in Nassau on NCL Getaway May 1st 2015. We originally were going to be there from 10am - 6pm, but there are rumors circling that there is an itinerary change from 12pm - 7pm.

My questions are:

1. If the rumors about the itinerary changes are correct, do you think that will be enough time to enjoy the park? I'm assuming we will not get to Atlantis until around 1pm, and will probably have to leave around 5:30/6pm (we booked the excursion through the ship, so transportation is included).

2. Is this considered peak season?

3. Is this considered summer months? If so, the hours for the pool is dusk, and the slides are 7pm (from what I've read)...is this true?

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! :)

Just wondered if you ended up doing this. We sail in a few weeks and had the same questions.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

So sorry for the delayed response -- I hope I can still be of knowledge to you guys.

We wound up not doing the Atlantis excursion. There was no discounted fare for the less hours spent, and being that we lost two hours in the morning, it definitely was not worth it. The pools/aqua park opens at around 10AM and closes at around 5PM...realistically, with traffic, if you did the excursion you'd most likely only have about four hours (if that!) to use the park. And being that you'll be traveling during the summer months, the lines will be outrageous.

I recommend not doing the excursion. We wound up going shopping, to Senor Frogs (great food and great drinks!), and just enjoying the ship afterwards. We want to do the Atlantis excursion so badly, but we'll wait until the itinerary times fit a little bit better, or if we decide to travel on off-peak months.

Enjoy your trip! We already booked our next one on the Getaway in May 2016 (Western Caribbean). We also lucked out and got the same aft facing balcony that we were just on. She's a GORGEOUS ship. Have a great time!

Edited by JC5240

Slides won't stay open until 7...latest I've seen is 6 and no you don't have enough time to enjoy everything...figure an hour each way for getting off/on the ship, getting a cab, getting your tickets and walking to the waterpark. Now figure having to be back on the ship an hour prior to sail away. We've done Aquaventure 5 times and I still find you need at least 5 or 6 hours to enjoy it...arriving in the afternoon the lines are also at their peak.

Thanks for coming back to report to us! We have decided to stay on the ship in Nassau and use the slides and/or ropes courses. Hopefully they will be open, I've seen mixed reports on this...

Hi luvtovaca. We are just of the Getaway, we sailed last week. My husband and boys did aquaventure, they enjoyed the excursion. They did go with low expectations though, only hoping to do the rides once each and ride the lazy river. They were able to accomplish this, despite the crowds, inspite of it being Labor day in the bahamas last friday, the day we were in port. They did however go prepared with a bag with no valuables, so they wouldnt have to rent a locker, it had bandaids (just incase), and sunscreen.

If you decide to stay on the ship the info from our daily on Nassau port day was Ropes Course 9:00-12:00 and 2:00-8:00; Aqua Park Water Slides 10:00-8:00; Mini Golf 8am-10pm (my son liked this). There are many other things open as well.

Enjoy your cruise!