Steam clothes?

rachelfran

We are traveling with the kids for two weeks before we (not yet booked) take the Odyssey out of Athens in July (without the kids) -- I expect our nicer clothes to need some pressing when we board .... Do rooms have steamers or irons or can this service be provided on board quickly? If so, is there a fee and would they be able to turn something around for the first night?

Thanks ... I'm trying to figure out the logistics of taking a cruise after a more intensive touring period beforehand.

Rachel

First off, the first night is ALMOST always casual so need for nicer clothes immediately. Second, I am sure they will steam your clothes -- but there will be a charge. Of course you could use the old trick of hanging a garment in the bathroom with the shower on to self steam.

I traveled for business for many years and found packing each garment susceptible to wrinkling in a plastic dry cleaners bag prevented most wrinkles from forming in the first place. A few years ago I shipped a bag through Seabourn's luggage service 10 days in advance of the cruise. Using the plastic bag method no wrinkles in my silk dresses or DH's suit.

First off, the first night is ALMOST always casual so need for nicer clothes immediately. Second, I am sure they will steam your clothes -- but there will be a charge. Of course you could use the old trick of hanging a garment in the bathroom with the shower on to self steam.

I traveled for business for many years and found packing each garment susceptible to wrinkling in a plastic dry cleaners bag prevented most wrinkles from forming in the first place. A few years ago I shipped a bag through Seabourn's luggage service 10 days in advance of the cruise. Using the plastic bag method no wrinkles in my silk dresses or DH's suit.

We'll be traveling from the US to the UK for about 3 weeks prior to the cruise ... I think that even if we pack carefully our items will wrinkle in the summer time if left in a suitcase for that long.

We will sort it out whatever happens.

Thanks!