Stateroom 8029 Eurodam

All three have a slightly obstructed forward view due to the angle-out, but I would take any one of them over any deck 5 V cabins because they have a decent sized balcony. I don't know what is in the blank space above them - probably nothing noisy.

Edited by jtl513

All three have a slightly obstructed forward view due to the angle-out, but I would take any one of them over any deck 5 V cabins because they have a decent sized balcony. I don't know what is in the blank space above them - probably nothing noisy.

May be the equipment room for the therapy pool

Would 8151 be a better choice?????

Chris

8151 is a VF' date=' so it should be quite a bit cheaper than the VAs in the center section. Since it is under the pool deck area you might hear loungers being dragged around early in the morning for deck cleaning. It will have a 6 ft deep balcony, and will not have the large overhang of the Lido that those in the center have.

IMO 8031 would be best of the choices you've mentioned so far, but the best non-suite for me would be one in the 8078/8081 to 8110/8113 range.

[/size']

Edited by jtl513

I don't quite understand the obstructed view. I have never thought about having an obstructed view with a veranda cabin. Is it going to bother us in 8042? Should I try to change?

I don't quite understand the obstructed view. I have never thought about having an obstructed view with a veranda cabin. Is it going to bother us in 8042? Should I try to change?
Look at the deck plans at the points where the balconies angle in or out for the narrower center section: http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ed_2&deck=n&deep=0

If you are in, for example, 8027 or 8028 about 40 to 45 degrees of what should be a 180 degree view is cut off by the forward section. The further back you get, the less that obstruction becomes, although the view never gets to the full 180 degrees even when you are at 8074-8077. At 8042 probably about 15 to 20 degrees of your view is cut off, and no, I wouldn't try to change cabins because of it! We once had Nieuw A 8057 and the reduction of view didn't bother us at all. But it might have if we had 8027 or 8028.

p.s. - if you were in 8074 or 8077 your view looking aft would be partially cut off by the protruding elevators.

Edited by jtl513